Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Licensing & Accounts

Old 06-18-2019, 05:45 AM

Default Re: ProTools price adjustments from July 1st.

Another step making it clear that the only user bases they care about are post and bigger studios. They're not making PT attractive to anyone outside of the established userbase...up and coming people in music will use something else.

My question: Does this affect the PTHD10 perpetual reinstatement or does this remain available at $999?
Old 06-18-2019, 05:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nigelpry View Post
“For those of you that are currently on Perpetual Licenses, the increase ranges from 0-33% on new licenses depending on the product and type of license.”

I'm 99% sure Avid means if you renew your support plan this month you will get your new support coverage with old price
Old 06-18-2019, 05:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teej View Post
Another step making it clear that the only user bases they care about are post and bigger studios. They're not making PT attractive to anyone outside of the established userbase...up and coming people in music will use something else.
This is something I'm not very keen to comment, but first number I saw on that new price list is 9.99/mth for customers who surrender the perpetual license and subscribe. If that isn't an attractive price, then tell me what is?
Old 06-18-2019, 05:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teej View Post
Does this affect the PTHD10 perpetual reinstatement or does this remain available at $999?
Avid might have to clarify the pricing the coming days, but it is sensible to think reinstatement remains the same price if you do it this month, but beginning of July the only option may very well be crossgrading to subscription. If something isn't on the list, then there must be a reason.
Old 06-18-2019, 05:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiz View Post
By surrender the perpetual license one has kept paying for years to get on the subscription wagon, so when that expires the user will have nothing, until of course keep paying.....What a scam!
Adobe customers bit the bullet much earlier, Avid is just following suit (pun intended)
Old 06-18-2019, 05:56 AM

Doesn't anyone write this stuff off on their income taxes? I certainly do and I have a one man home studio.

www.LightWingStudios.com

Musical Instrument Protection Accessories...Made In America.

Dell Precision T7910, Dual Processors (total 20 Cores), 128GB RAM, 4 @ 2TB SSDs, 1 @ 4TB HDs, Nvidia 2GB Dual Monitor Card, Dual LG 48" TVs used as Monitors, Arturia 88 Midi Controller, Black Lion USB Audio Interface, Mackie HR-828 Monitors, Katana Head, Fishman Triple Play, Win 10 Pro, PT 2023.3 Studio, only the Plugins I NEED, WAY TOO MANY Guitars...and an AMAZING wife!

AxeShield HD, AmpShield HD, KeyShield HD, AxeSak, AxeGlove, AxeCap & PedalShield
Old 06-18-2019, 06:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFreak View Post
This is something I'm not very keen to comment, but first number I saw on that new price list is 9.99/mth for customers who surrender the perpetual license and subscribe. If that isn't an attractive price, then tell me what is?
And the response is...Crickets. :)

www.LightWingStudios.com

Dell Precision T7910, Dual Processors (total 20 Cores), 128GB RAM, 4 @ 2TB SSDs, 1 @ 4TB HDs, Nvidia 2GB Dual Monitor Card, Dual LG 48" TVs used as Monitors, Arturia 88 Midi Controller, Black Lion USB Audio Interface, Mackie HR-828 Monitors, Katana Head, Fishman Triple Play, Win 10 Pro, PT 2023.3 Studio, only the Plugins I NEED, WAY TOO MANY Guitars...and an AMAZING wife!

AxeShield HD, AmpShield HD, KeyShield HD, AxeSak, AxeGlove, AxeCap & PedalShield
Old 06-18-2019, 06:02 AM

Quote:
Surrendering a perpetual license is not attractive regardless of the price. They can do whatever they want to the rental price in the future.

Also they just increased all the PT Vanilla rental prices for people not surrendering a license...I feel like you misunderstood me or the new pricing. I'm talking about attracting new young producers and mixers to Pro Tools. The price just went up for anyone considering a new Vanilla rental or perpetual license (when taking into account renewals.)
Old 06-18-2019, 06:04 AM

Quote:
Avid might have to clarify the pricing the coming days, but it is sensible to think reinstatement remains the same price if you do it this month, but beginning of July the only option may very well be crossgrading to subscription. If something isn't on the list, then there must be a reason.
Right but in the Q&A on Facebook:

"3. Will avid still support Perpetual re-instatement programs?
Avid will continue to offer re-instatements."

It would be insane to make this statement and then not offer HD10 to Ultimate reinstatements anymore...and since it's not on the list the sensible assumption would be that it remains at the same price. However with Avid it's not sensible to make any assumptions.
Old 06-18-2019, 06:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiz View Post
By surrender the perpetual license one has kept paying for years to get on the subscription wagon, so when that expires the user will have nothing, until of course keep paying.....What a scam!
Wow, you think you are smart enough to con people like that???
So embarrassing, once again.
The train wreck called Avid holds well....

I believe you are incorrect. If you let your subscription expire Pro Tools CONTINUES to work at the release level you have at that time.

www.LightWingStudios.com