Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > General Discussion & Off Topic > General Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-12-2005, 09:28 PM

Default Using ProTools with GigaStudio via Rewire

All,

I am interested in any of you who are using ProTools with GigaStudio 3.x using Rewire on the same machine with my drum library.

How is your experience?
Are you happy with that setup?
Does the timing work satisfactorily for you?
Are there any problems?

Why?

Because as some of you already know, I am an avid Nuendo user (no pun intended) and have been for many years... Also I develop sound libraries for GigaStudio ( see http://www.larryseyer.com ; look at the top left hand corner; click on 'video' or 'read' )

Mostly I have been recomending that users dedicate a machine for GigaStudio and use ProTools in a seperate box... (I still believe that this is the best solution)

However, there are several that are using ProTools with GigaStudio through Rewire on the same machine...

I would like to know the quality of experiences that ProTools users are having when using my new drum library.

If this topic is not appropriate for this forum, no problem... please tell me where to post this instead.

But since I'm looking for ProTools users specifically, this seemed the best place to start.

Best to you!

Larry Seyer
Old 02-13-2005, 03:23 AM

Default Re: Using ProTools with GigaStudio via Rewire

Besides Giga 3 being a bit buggy it runs pretty smooth on my machine. I usually rewire Fruity loops at the same time...Once every 8 times the system will crash (Giga's fault) but overall I'm happy with the performance. I agree that the best setup would be to run it on a dedicated machine, but its very convenient to have the I/O appear right there in PT.