Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Windows

Old 09-19-2012, 11:17 AM

Unhappy PT 10 Not seeing Digi Core Card or 192 I/O?

Hey guys, very new to PT and the hardware. I've been searching relentlessly for a few days now to no avail..

In my Windows 7 x64 machine I have a PCIe Digi HD1 Accel Core card hooked up to a 192 I/O. The hardware passes the DigiTest.

Showing up in Device Manager under Sound Devices are:

Digi HD Accel Core
Digi HD Accel DSP
Digi HD DSP
Digi HD DSP

..and two unknown devices in Other Devices, that were not there prior to HD card install.

Should this card be showing up as a viable device for my primary Windows sound card as well (for system sounds)?

After an endless stream of PT crashes on launch, I held down N and saw that the only options I had for I/O were ASIO devices. I finally made it as far as being able to start to launch a new session before crashing again. If I don't hold N, it initializes the hardware and my 192 makes the usual physical clicking noise, then crashes. I've had a myriad of other errors (unable to read ____, etc.), but those are finally not occurring..I removed all 3rd party plugins and that reduced most.

My previous setup (which is currently disconnected from the 1394) is a Pro Fire Lightbridge routed into CB5 with all 32/32 channels in use. It appeared that PT was trying to use it as the interface on startup before I unplugged it several boot cycles ago.

I'm a computer guy, but totally clueless here. Would LOVE your help. Prior to installing the HD card, this system ran without any faults and without breaking a sweat in any session.

Thank you!

In advance, I know that my machine is not in the list of certified-by-avid boxes. It is ONLY used for recording/editing audio and video.

AMD Phenom II x6 1055T running at 2.8ghz on ASUS MOBO.
16 GB RAM
nVidia GeForce 9500GT
All HD SATA -----
*150GB - primary, OS and Apps only
*500GB, 500GB, 1TB -- Scratch and storage volumes