Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Virtual Instruments

Old 12-07-2006, 07:45 AM

Default Upgraded To 7.3-STRIKE & MP-Toolkit Updates Here!

STRIKE! is here....not a 7.3 update but bug fixes....

http://www.digidesign.com/index.cfm?...4&itemid=24269

Music Production Toolkit Updates for 7.3 are here:

http://www.digidesign.com/index.cfm?...4&itemid=24229

Hope this helps!

Old 12-08-2006, 08:30 AM

Default Re: Upgraded To 7.3-STRIKE & MP-Toolkit Updates Here!

Light,
You or anyone else downloaded the upgrade yet? I finally got my Strike issues sorted with my scroll arrow. However, I'm still not seeing the whole "drag & drop" midi function. I'm hoping that the fix addresses that. Also, I don't really want to upgrade my PT rig to the 7.3. And if I need to in order to enjoy the patches and fixes on this upgrade I'm not sure I want to. Just curious as to results from anyone who has upgraded their Strike. Let me know if you get a chance.
Wheels
Old 12-09-2006, 07:16 AM

Yes I upgraded to PT-MP 7.3 then upgraded
the MP-TK to 7.3 and finally installed the
STRIKE! update...everything work great!
Old 12-12-2006, 06:31 PM

Yes, Strike works much better now. I have used BFD but Strike kicks a** in usability and aesthetics.

Although it is VERY difficult to find the updates on the site. I accidentally stumbled upon them when i was browsing the site yesterday evening. I wanted to update a friends computer today and had to search hard to find the updates again.

What IS fantastic is the combined 7.3 plugin updater. This is something they should have done a long time ago. Especially when you have a big update e.g. to an Intel Mac or to 7.3. It's difficult then to make sure you haven't forgotten an update for any of the plugins. It's great to be able to trust a combo updater, much like Apple does with their system updates. So Kudos to Digi.

But PLEASE Digi, could you bundle the downloads for the Music Production Toolkit under the pulldown menu of 'software and Drivers' ? it would make our lives a lot easier. The DV Toolkit is there and so are Hybrid, Expand and Strike, but there's no MPT.

Sorry, back to the topic of this thread: Strike and the update(s).

Again, Strike works much better now after the update, i still find some bugs though and have a wish list for some better/new functionality. Just to sum up a few:

Bugs:
- Every now and then my self build Style (copied and saved from a preset) will somehow change back to the preset;
- When exporting MIDI to the timeline (drag and drop) it shows a prohibited sign instead of a plus sign as it should do, even though the export works fine and the midi options popup shows itself;
- Syncing is not always rock solid. Every now and then it goes out of sync without a clear reason.

Wishlist:
- It would be nice if we had more control over the note length with Export to midi;
- The Style Editor coul be much better in my opinion. No support (yet) for odd meters (e.g. 6/8), changing the loop length or using the keyboard shortcuts for changing tools;
- It would be nice if the Style Editor would allow you to select multiple parts to edit at te same time;
- Some basic sounds are missing like a brush snare or a wood block;

Beside the minor bugs, Strike is a GREAT product.