Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Eleven Rack
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-12-2019, 05:42 AM

Default Eleven Rack Compatibility with MacOS Catalina

Hi everyone.
Just got into the community and would thanks the administrators to allow me in.
I started facing some issues with my Eleven Rack or MacBook due to the new macOS Catalina.
Until last thursday, my Eleven Rack was running perfectly with macOS Mojave; nevertheless, unawarely I updated the macOS Mojave to macOS Catalina and the eleven rack stopped working.
Let me explain what exactly happened:
After update to macOS Catalina immediately I desintalled the Eleven Rack software, downloaded a new driver and installed it.
All worked perfectly, the driver ran normally, the software was installed, the interface (Elevan Rack) is recognized by the system and my DAW (logic pro X). However, when I try to play the DAW, no sound is emitted whatsoever. To continue my tests, I tried to connect to any YouTube video and it has not worked as well. Moreover, the YouTube video does not run unless I change to the internal speakers of my computer.
Once I realised that something was wrong I started looking for information related to the compatibility between the new macOS Catalina and the Eleven rack, but could not read anything about it, but about the Pro-Tools. In fact, the Avid webpage is highlighting: The user shall not update to macOS Catalina, but nothing related to the Eleven Rack.
Hence, I was wondering whether something that I have done or am doing is wrong, whether there is something else that can be done, or if the Eleven Rack definitely will not work at all with the new macOS Catalina.
Any idea guys? Support? It will be highly appreciated.