Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 2020
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-12-2021, 03:21 AM

Default Re: Ultimate upgrade from perpetual

I actually don’t need any inputs. I get my material from online downloads (Film file and aaf) ok, I have a guitar and a mic plugged in but I don’t use them for work, just to screw around. My motu ultralite avb works fine in 5.1 with Logic and with my SCM from SPL I can regulate the volume and that’s why I started this thread, to see if I need anything else to run ultimate.
But like the prior posters said, I should install the 30 day trial and see what happens. I’m just in the middle of a mix at the moment and as the saying goes, “never f... with a running system!”
But tell me one thing, when I’m done with my mix, can I install ultimate “next to” my actual PT and go back to it if ultimate doesn’t work with my setup?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-12-2021, 07:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by copesetic View Post
I actually don’t need any inputs. I get my material from online downloads (Film file and aaf) ok, I have a guitar and a mic plugged in but I don’t use them for work, just to screw around. My motu ultralite avb works fine in 5.1 with Logic and with my SCM from SPL I can regulate the volume and that’s why I started this thread, to see if I need anything else to run ultimate.
But like the prior posters said, I should install the 30 day trial and see what happens. I’m just in the middle of a mix at the moment and as the saying goes, “never f... with a running system!”
But tell me one thing, when I’m done with my mix, can I install ultimate “next to” my actual PT and go back to it if ultimate doesn’t work with my setup?

With the MOTU and SPL SMC you are good to go. You don't even need to install PT Ultimate. It's the same software, the iLok license just unlocks the Ultimate features. Swap out the license on your iLok and launch PT and you'll have Ultimate. Enjoy mixing in surround; it's a blast!
Old 01-12-2021, 08:17 AM

So in other words, registering for the 30day trial will give me a new iLok license? How do I swap them on my ilok? What happens to my stereo perpetual license? By the way, I use ilok cloud. I don’t actually have a physical ilok.

Old 01-13-2021, 07:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by copesetic View Post
So in other words, registering for the 30day trial will give me a new iLok license? How do I swap them on my ilok? What happens to my stereo perpetual license? By the way, I use ilok cloud. I don’t actually have a physical ilok.

When you sign up for the trial, you'll put in your iLok account name. Then, once the license is deposited into your iLok account, close the cloud session with your Standard license, and open a new cloud session with the Ultimate trial license. It should be a simple as that, but I've never used iLok cloud, so someone with more experience with iLok cloud might be able to offer a little more insight.
Old 01-13-2021, 11:23 AM

Great, thx for the help. I’m looking forward to trying and am hoping it’ll work.
I’ll keep yous posted
Old 03-26-2021, 08:57 AM

So i finally got around to trying the PT Ultimate trial with my system and you guys were right, it works with my MOTU ultralite and I am looking forward to the next film.

Thx for your help