Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-12-2007, 07:21 AM

Default Regions missing after re-opening sessions (beat detective?)

Hope somebody can advise...

I cannot be sure that this only occurs following the use of beat detective as it has now happened so many times!

Basically if I don't consolidate following the use of beat detective for example. Upon saving/closing the session and re-opening, approximately 40% of the active regions are missing both from the edit window and region list. The result is random gaps within the concerned tracks In addition to this the remaining regions can also appear in the wrong place, i.e. a region from the snare track has moved to the kick track etc. As I originally stated I am sure I have had the same problem even if my tracks contain far fewer edits such as a few repeated regions / trimmed start/end etc....

Also i am not always prompted that 'X' amount of files/regions/fades are missing.

I haven't tried deleting any preference files, but would be prepared to if need be.

The system in question is:

MAC INTEL QUAD CORE
MAC OSX (10.4)
PRO TOOLS HD 7.3

I look forward to your replies.

Regards,
Paul.
Old 09-12-2007, 12:08 PM

Default Re: Regions missing after re-opening sessions (beat detective?)

I use beat detective extensively and have never seen this. My first suggestion is to upgrade to 7.31 cs4 and see if the problem persists.
Old 09-14-2007, 04:39 PM

Thanks for your reply poly915,

I will certainly update. Just to confirm also, it is not directly related to beat detective. Today for example problems with a session that included 1x 10 second whole file, seperated into 2 regions; close/reopen; one of the regions gone! I sure hope the update resolves this as I cannot find the problem documented. I am losing so much work.
Old 09-14-2007, 06:22 PM

There is a plethora of info regarding missing file/region scenarios. Do a search for "missing files" (in quotation marks) or "missing regions". The answer is in there... there were some issues with 7.3.??? that were supposedly fixed with cs updates.
Also, deleting prefs and databases is usually the first step in most "fixes". There is an excellent app at the top of "PT TDM systems on Mac OS" page that will do this simply. bon chance. SB