Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Other Products > Pro Tools Express on Windows
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-17-2016, 11:26 AM

Default Importing audio from fl studio to pro tools express

Okay so I'm brand spanking new to pro tools software and recording on my own in general. I've been working in fl studio creating instrumentals. Now I'm trying to import the audio into pro tools to record vocals. For some reason when I play the imported audio the sound quality is horrible (its not my speakers or equipment bcuz it sounds great when playing from fl studio). Then when I try to record vocals while playing back the recorded vocals with the beat it sounds so distorted and static and the vocals sound so low you can barely hear them. But if I play the recorded vocals solo it sounds good and clear and at a great volume. Someone help please! I don't know much about technical things. First problem I had was the sample rate, I knew nothing about that. Then couldn't figure out why mic wasn't recording, it was bcuz I didn't choose correct output/input. I dont know about these things trying to learn. If you dont have the answer pls point me in the direction of vids that deal with importing audio and recording vocals. Thanks!
Old 01-17-2016, 12:25 PM

Default Re: Importing audio from fl studio to pro tools express

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Now I'm trying to import the audio into pro tools to record vocals. For some reason when I play the imported audio the sound quality is horrible
My first guess would be that the exported audio is distorted. How does the waveform look? I bet it's filling up the track, top and bottom. If so, try to turn everything down in FL and export again. IHTH.
Old 01-18-2016, 06:02 AM

I turned the volumes down on each track and yes that helped. Thanks! The mixer in pro tools only shows volume and panning is there a mixer in this program where i can control base, treble etc?
Old 01-18-2016, 06:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
The mixer in pro tools only shows volume and panning is there a mixer in this program where i can control base, treble etc?
In the PT mix window you must insert an EQ plugin on the track to do that.
I think you should try and find some getting-started-w/PT videos on youtube.
Old 01-18-2016, 07:26 AM

Thanks so much