How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 2018
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-18-2019, 01:41 AM

Default MIDI Editor in different Spaces on Mac

Hi there,

I would need help in my workflow with the MIDi editor.

I have two displays - the main one where I use the edit window, and where I switch to the mix window on a different space/desktop of this display, shifting between those either with the Mac shortcut, or with cmd+=, which switches between those two spaces.

I also use a bigger secondary display on the wall that I like for the video.

Right now, every time I double click on a MIDI clip the MIDI editor window opens up in the secondary display.

First of all, I’d like to make sure that the MIDI editor only opens in the primary display, leaving the secondary display with the picture visible.

Then, I’d like to move the MIDI editor to a separate spaces, like I did for the Mix window, and switch back and forth between spaces.

I selected the red square to make sure that it won’t duplicate a second MIDI editor window if I double click on a different MIDI clip. It works if I’m in the same space/desktop of the Edit window. As soon as I move the MIDI editor to a different space/desktop of the main display, and go back to the Edit window and click on a different clip, Protools opens a new MIDI editor which is what I’m trying to avoid.

Is there any smart way to avoid the duplication of the MIDI editor? I’m also fine with not double clicking the MIDI clip and using the Mac shortcut to get to the editor in a different space.

Is there a way to automatically populate the MIDI editor based on what was selected in the Edit window?

Thanks in advance!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk