Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Licensing & Accounts

Old 09-23-2020, 01:51 PM

Default Educational Perpetual license and support/upgrades

Hello all,

I'm having some confusion here. A year ago, I bought the Pro Tools perpetual education license for $300. Recently, I noticed my Support and Upgrades license expired--no biggie, I thought. Well, recently I loaded up a session I've been working on and noticed my Falcon plugin had an expired license as well and was no longer usable. Is that a part of the Support and Upgrades plan? If I renew that, will I have access to Falcon and other plugins again? If not, how do I get access to Falcon back without buying it outright?

Also, how exactly do I ensure that I renew only my support and upgrades license? I see links on the My Products page that ask me to move to a subscription at $9.99, but I don't want to move to a subscription based model for Pro Tools itself since I already bought the perpetual educational license. Maybe I'm just not looking in the right place for the right link.

Thanks in advance for your help!
Old 09-27-2020, 07:44 AM

Default Re: Educational Perpetual license and support/upgrades

Welcome to fun with Avid. If EDU perpetual licenses work the same way normal ones do, as of 2020 your only option is to buy it again for $300 and NOT let the support expire this time, or "crossgrade" to a subscription license (surrender your perpetual license and if you stop paying the sub, the software stops working.)

Falcon is only included for people on active subscriptions or support plans.
Old 10-05-2020, 01:13 PM

Default Re: Educational Perpetual license and support/upgrades

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnarblast View Post
Hello all,

I'm having some confusion here. A year ago, I bought the Pro Tools perpetual education license for $300. Recently, I noticed my Support and Upgrades license expired--no biggie, I thought. Well, recently I loaded up a session I've been working on and noticed my Falcon plugin had an expired license as well and was no longer usable. Is that a part of the Support and Upgrades plan? If I renew that, will I have access to Falcon and other plugins again? If not, how do I get access to Falcon back without buying it outright?

Also, how exactly do I ensure that I renew only my support and upgrades license? I see links on the My Products page that ask me to move to a subscription at $9.99, but I don't want to move to a subscription based model for Pro Tools itself since I already bought the perpetual educational license. Maybe I'm just not looking in the right place for the right link.

Thanks in advance for your help!
Sorry, I was wrong, it's still available on Thomann if you qualify for EDU https://www.thomann.de/gb/avid_pro_t...an_new_edu.htm , probably also sweetwater etc? call your dealer!!