Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Pro Tools HDX & HD Native Systems (Mac)

Old 09-28-2020, 06:51 PM

Default Re: Playback Engine not seeing HD Native Omni

Bit of a mystery

What does Digitest say?

Did you upgrade macOS? As a part of this upgrade? Was that an in-situ? or a clean install?

When you installed Pro Tools did you get a security warning about installing the driver? And did you acknowledge that??? ... I can't see how you could not as the kext should be loaded OK for System report to identify the device.

I would

Trash prefs
Reboot your computer

Still does not work... Especially if you did an in-situ macOS upgrade, start over with a clean macOS install on a spare drive or container. Install the bare minimum stuff and Pro Tools just to see if it works. Even if you did not do a recent install, I might just try this. Make sure any security related pop-ups get dealt with during the install.

Last edited by Darryl Ramm; 09-28-2020 at 07:12 PM.
Old 09-29-2020, 12:49 PM

I'm starting to think it might have something to do with the Thunderbolt 3 (Usb C) ports on my MacBook Pro. I installed Pro Tools Ultimate on an old MacBook Air and although I had to trash a couple things and reinstall the driver it did recognize the HD Native Thunderbolt (The MacBook Air also has a Thunderbolt 2 input). I went back to the MacBook Pro and did the same trashing/reinstalling and still nothing. Apple after troubleshooting thinks it's a software problem as it is seeing the HD Native Thunderbolt as being connected to the MacBook Pro Thunderbolt 3 (Usb C) port.
Old 09-29-2020, 05:32 PM

:-O

What does Digitest say?

Did you upgrade macOS? As a part of this upgrade? Was that an in-situ? or a clean install?

When you installed Pro Tools did you get a security warning about installing the driver? And did you acknowledge that??? ... I can't see how you could not as the kext should be loaded OK for System report to identify the device.

I would

Trash prefs
Reboot your computer

Still does not work... Especially if you did an in-situ macOS upgrade, start over with a clean macOS install on a spare drive or container. Install the bare minimum stuff and Pro Tools just to see if it works. Even if you did not do a recent install, I might just try this. Make sure any security related pop-ups get dealt with during the install.
Old 04-26-2021, 02:40 AM

Was this ever resolved? I'm having the same issue - HDX playback engine is not an option. I've installed the driver carefully (no alerts from Security prefs), and Digitest reports the card working fine. Avid HDX is present in Audio Midi Setup, and I can play system audio thru the interface. The only thing missing is being able to select the playback engine in ProTools
Old 04-26-2021, 06:42 AM
Avid

It sounds like the workstation and macOS both recognize your Avid hardware. I presume you are running Pro Tools Ultimate and have a valid iLok authorization for the DigiLink IO license, yes?

Jeff
MTRX FAQ
Old 04-26-2021, 06:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnrobertwood View Post
Was this ever resolved? I'm having the same issue - HDX playback engine is not an option. I've installed the driver carefully (no alerts from Security prefs), and Digitest reports the card working fine. Avid HDX is present in Audio Midi Setup, and I can play system audio thru the interface. The only thing missing is being able to select the playback engine in ProTools
What interface is connected to the HDX card?

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave