Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > AAX Plug-ins

Old 09-21-2017, 01:57 PM

Default Soundtoys sales support

How good is it? They have a deal going on where a few of their 'little' plugins are going for $10 to support the Rubicon group of military vets who go into disaster areas and help clean up and rebuild things. Also all proceeds from sales of other plugins go to the group as well. Have my eye on the Phase Mistress and Filter Freak and can only buy one. I sent their sales support a question yesterday asking this: does the Biphase model have independent controls of both sections of the phaser like the real one does? No answer back from them and the deal goes dead at midnight ET.

I demoed the plugin a while back and don't remember the answers to my questions. Does anybody know the answer? Specifically asking about those as I worked for Musitronics when they were on the farm up in Rosemont NJ back in the 70's. Did final test and repair on both the envelope follower and phaser and had a little bit of a hand in the development on the Biphase. Major test equipment back then besides the usual was a Strat & Twin Reverb.

QAPLA!
Old 09-21-2017, 02:49 PM

Default Re: Soundtoys sales support

I've spoke to soundtoys a few times regarding support and they have always been spot on with getting back to me. An excellent customer service company in my opinion

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PT 10.3.10 HD Accel 6, Mac Pro 5.1 12 Core 3.46hz Dual Boot Lion 10.7.5 and Maverick 10.9.5 32GB Ram Magma PE6R4i Chassis
Old 09-21-2017, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raoul23 View Post
I've spoke to soundtoys a few times regarding support and they have always been spot on with getting back to me. An excellent customer service company in my opinion

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
They may be but they sure aren't answering their emails even though they say that's one way to get in touch with them. My question(s) are more than can be answered by a phone call. Either way around I've given up on purchasing from them right now.

QAPLA!
Old 09-21-2017, 06:53 PM

My experience is that they are great! Easy to speak to.. It's been a while..
Composer/Sound Designer/Protools 2024.3 Ultimate, MTRXII-TB3, DADMAN MOM, Cisco SG350-10MP EthernetHUB, KLANG:quelle 4 Channel Dante™Headphone Amp, DVS,MADI, Mac Studio Ultra,128 RAM/4TB SSD, Ventura 13.6.6, DP 11.3.1, Logic Pro X 10.8.1 DOLBY ATMOS Facility/MPSE Motion Picture Sound Editors Avid Certified Professional ProTools/Dolby ATMOS
Old 09-22-2017, 03:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gives View Post
My experience is that they are great! Easy to speak to.. It's been a while..
Again it may be but according to this page on their site: http://support.soundtoys.com/custome...act-soundtoys- they prefer contacting them through email so they have a paper trail and I concur as I've had too many problems with businesses in the past when I just called them. Too many things get lost in the communication. Also it's a long-distance call to Vermont and that ain't cheap especially if you're spending more than a couple of minutes on the line (landline in my case - and I don't have a cell phone strange as it seems).

QAPLA!
Old 09-22-2017, 07:42 AM

Great company that makes some really amazing plugins. I started out with a couple $10 plugs on special and ended up with the collection.

Instagram:
https://www.instagram.com/sparkletune/
Old 09-22-2017, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noah330 View Post
Great company that makes some really amazing plugins.
Ditto...

Don't think you'll regret your purchase Jack, (apart from maybe wanting more of their plugs)!

I have the whole suite & use them regularly on every session, (although Echoboy & Filterfreak probably get the most usage). Phasemistress is a great phaser, but if I had to buy one Soundtoys plugin, it wouldn't be my first choice.

As for their customer service... never had a problem, but I guess they've been pretty busy with all those $10 deals, (it is a good cause after all, & I don't see many other Devs doing the same)
Old 09-22-2017, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ::F-L-E-X:: View Post
Ditto...

Don't think you'll regret your purchase Jack, (apart from maybe wanting more of their plugs)!

I have the whole suite & use them regularly on every session, (although Echoboy & Filterfreak probably get the most usage). Phasemistress is a great phaser, but if I had to buy one Soundtoys plugin, it wouldn't be my first choice.

As for their customer service... never had a problem, but I guess they've been pretty busy with all those $10 deals, (it is a good cause after all, & I don't see many other Devs doing the same)
I already have EchoBoy - got it at the last sale they had. Didn't have the funds at the time or I could have gotten into the whole collection for cheap at that time due to having EB.

Maybe you can answer the question: does the Biphase style in PhaseMistress have independent control of both phasor sections like the real hardware has? That's important to me.

QAPLA!
Old 09-22-2017, 12:56 PM

Does this help answer your question?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PhaseMistress.jpg (58.5 KB, 0 views)

Asus P6X58D-E, Intel i7 930, 12 Gb Corsair XMS3 DDR3
2 WD Black Cavier 640 Gb SATA 3Gb/s 32MB Cache
Windows 10 Pro
Old 09-22-2017, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHL View Post
Does this help answer your question?
Thanks but no it doesn't answer the question. It only shows the Biphase as a style choice and that's it. I'm thinking that Phase Mistress can't truly do the Biphase like the hardware did which is what are essentially two separate phasor sections in one box. The original had different ways of routing the sections (parallel/serial). Yeah I'm being obsessive with this but hey when you've worked with the prototype in the lab....... shame I left before they finalized the unit.

QAPLA!