Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Other Products > MIDI
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-02-2010, 03:04 AM

Default Patch Names and Playback Problems!

Hello

I own a clavia nord wave and using with Pro Tools 8.
I need to record the nord wave in an instrument track and manipulate the sound with the nord wave knobs during playback.....so.

I create an instrument track, in the MIDI IN I select "nord wave", in the MIDI OUT "digidesign Mbox 2 Pro". The synth records the midi notes and plays them back well, but the knobs do not correspond to the equivalent function.
for example, the FREQ knob in the FILTER section of the nord wave does not change the "frequency" of the sound but triggers the "rewind" command in the pro tools transport.

So I try to give the intrument track the nord wave patch name but the error: "Pro Tools could not find appropriate patch names in the currently selected patch name document because either manufacture/model information or instrument mode do not match." pops out.

So I try to change the MIDI OUT of the instrument track to "nord wave".
In this case I can give the right patch name but during playback there's no sound coming out of the speakers.

Does anybody know how I can record the midi notes of the nord wave within Pro tools and then manipulate the sound with the nord wave parameters knobs during playback??

All this is to have more control over the sound when I convert the midi/intrument track to an audio track.

Thanks!