Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Pro Tools HDX & HD Native Systems (Mac)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-17-2017, 05:43 PM

Default Symphony I/O with HD Native - lots of relay clicking

Hoping to shed some light on a couple questions.

Been using a Symphony I/O 24 I/O with one of the Accel rigs and it's been very stable. Switching between PT and Stand-alone modes creates relay clicking, as I'm sure you guys have heard before.

Just started using the same Symphony I/O with an HD Native setup on the trashcan Mac Pro, but I have some concerns.

After some in-house testing we ran it for a couple live sessions and we were getting relay clicks quite often. About 6 during the loading of PT. Clicks sometimes when adding plugins, clicks sometimes when adding tracks and things like that. Also two freezes during the session.

We had a PCIe HD Native card in a Thunderbolt Magma chassis. Figuring it was something to do with that we got a HD Native Thunderbolt instead. Same relay clicks quite regularly, but haven't had any freezes yet (knocking on wood).

Are you guys using Symphony I/O (not the black one with the tiny display) hearing quite a few relay clicks while using yours? This exact same Symphony I/O has been flawless with Accel, so I don't think there's an issue with it, but maybe this is just part of the territory with HDN and Symph I/O.

Any experience would be appreciated.