Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Pro Tools HDX & HD Native Systems (Mac)

Old 06-09-2011, 10:22 AM

Default HD NATIVE and BLACKMAGIC DeckLink conflict

Hello,
i have HD NATIVE and a BLACK MAGIC DeckLink HD Extreme 3D (video card) on PCIE.
The problem is, since i installed the BM, the BM take the control of PT HD 9 as sound device!!??
I reboot many times but nothings work. Finally i uninstalled and re installed PT HD. it worked. But 3 days later with no reason the problem appeared again..
If someone have solution?

excuse my english.

Thanks.
Old 06-09-2011, 10:35 AM

Default Re: HD NATIVE and BLACKMAGIC DeckLink conflict

http://akmedia.digidesign.com/suppor..._Mac_71533.pdf

From page 2 of this document:

Clovertown MacPro computers with an Atto UL5D Card, a BlackMagic Design's Decklink 3 Video Capture Card, and a
Pro Tools|HD Native card do not have the PCIe Bandwidth required to run all three cards at full speed. In this configuration,
three 4x PCIe cards are being called for while Clovertown MacPro computers can only accommodate two 4x cards and one
1x card. Consequently, one card must be run at less than full speed. Avid has not tested any down-throttled combinations
and as such this is an unsupported configuration. Consider the following options as workarounds: slow down the built-in
graphics card to 8x or remove the SCSI HBA card and use SATA instead of SCSI drives.
Similarly, a Pro Tools|HD Native card, an Atto Celerity ES-41 Fiber Optic Network Adapter card, and a BlackMagic Design's
DeckLink 3 card cannot be combined in Clowertown era MacPro without one card being used at less than its optimal PCIe
bandwidth. Since Pro Tools support for Unity MediaNet 5 is limited to push/pull scenarios, Avid recommends that the Atto
Celerity card be down-throttled by installing it in the 1x PCIe slot, and that the Pro Tools|HD Native and DeckLink 3 cards
be installed in the 4x PCIe slots.
Avid strongly recommends against the running the Pro Tools|HD Native card or BlackMagic Design DeckLink 3 card at less
than full speed.