Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)

Old 12-15-2002, 08:33 AM

Default Records one channel and then....

I am trying to record some virtual synths into ProTools. I have XP, 5.3, an additional SB PCI512 cound card, all works well. In ProTools, when I have my synth running, I can record one channel fine. It plays back, it records fine, etc. When I try to add another synth channel, it doesn't play or record. I know the synth portion is working, I get the signal into my mixer. But try as I might, that signal, doesn't get into the AMIII card, or ProTools. ?????

HELP!

Thanks,

zaneschroeder
Old 12-15-2002, 11:02 PM

Default Re: Records one channel and then....

zane,
To record multiple Midi tracks in PT, you need to create a Stereo Aux track, assign it's inputs to the same inputs you have your synth plugged into in the DigiBox. Then on each Midi track you create, you need to assign it as Digidesign Midi ch 1, ch 2, ch 3...etc.

Also, make sure your synth is set on it's Multichannel mode(it won't be called that usually... mine is the Sequencer mode. Mine won't play more than one channel at once in it's Program mode, for instance.)

Hope that gets you going. Post back if you need help though...

~Roy
Old 12-16-2002, 04:24 AM

Roy, thanks for the reply. I didn't explain this well. I'm not recording midi. I'm trying to record audio. On the first channel, I can play my midi keyboard, and play the synth, see a signal in the mixer, press record in ProTools, I can hear it through the monitors, and I can record it. I add a track, and try to do the same thing, and the signal is in the mixer, but ProTools won't "monitor" it, or record it. I'm sure it's a simple thing, but I can't figure it out.

THANKS GUYS!
Old 12-16-2002, 04:26 AM

forgot to add one thing.........it's a soft synth...Native Instruments......FM7