Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)

Old 03-20-2002, 03:25 PM

Default ProTools System usage meter!

I have a brand new quicksilver dp 800 and everything was installed correct for me at the shop. So far so good.

But....Why is my PCI usage meter halfway full?? All the time! when the CPU and system usage hardly ever move unless tons of plugins enabled etc..

Is there something wrong here?!?!

Someones help would be greatly appreciated!

thanks
Voltech
Old 03-20-2002, 03:28 PM

Default Re: ProTools System usage meter!

Have you disabled the second processor of your dp? I have a dp 533 and I frequently got PCI Bus busy errors, until I disabled the second processor. I can't recall where my PCI meter sits at now, but since I've disabled the processor I haven't had one PCI Bus busy error.
Old 03-20-2002, 03:41 PM

Thanks Nails,

yeagh I was having the same problems you mentioned about the PCI errors. I disabled my 2nd CPU aswell. Everything works like a dream now, But.... I can't remember what the PCI meter was displaying before, It's just that its half full and I just want to know what other users PCI meter is displaying.

thanks!

voltech
Old 03-20-2002, 06:28 PM

voltech,

I just checked my system usage on a small session, and it's PCI usage was a little under halfway full. I wonder if this is just a dp thing, or do single processor machines have the same amount of usage.
Old 03-20-2002, 08:26 PM

I have a single 733 mhz processor and my PCI meter jumps around all over the place. It probably doesn't help that my second monitor is run from an ATI Rage PCI card. Others have had similar questions and concerns about this (do a search on PCI Bus and you'll probably come up with a hundred) and I don't think anything was ever said except it (the meter) works flawlessly on all the digi machines, of course. As far as it being about half full, I'd have to say mine is there more often than not, but mine still moves around quite a bit. It seems it's almost at random though.

I don't think this is the exact info you were looking for but this is all I can offer anyway. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
Old 03-21-2002, 01:47 AM

My 867 G4 has the PCI meter all ver the place. Sometimes 10%, 50% 99%..
it doesnt seem to actually meter anything.

Try going into the harware settings of LE and then do nothing. Close the window and then read the meters.