Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > FireWire & USB Audio Interfaces (Mac)

Old 04-21-2013, 09:23 PM

Default Mbox 3g Flashing lights sequence osx 10.7.5

ok im having the same problem as some people, now Ive been exchanging emails back and forth with avid reps and this is what i've concluded awaiting a response

because this was a new machine im using and its never worked on it they were quick to say its a hardware issue and had to send it in for repair

BUT
im using a macbook pro running OSx 10.7.5 and when i uninstalled all the drivers and just plugged the mbox in i get the sequence of lights again -ok

So i tried it on a i7 mackbook pro running OSX 10.8 with drivers installed then driver uninstalled and got the same thing sequence of light again SSSSOOOOOOO
I then got my hands on a old style MacBook (not Pro white hard case) running 10.6.8 what the mbox 3g was built for plugged it in and the sequence happened but after one cycle the solid power blue light came on ....soooo i installed the drivers and BAM it works great so we can rule out hardware issue

I tried the power hub.. that didn't work ether

and i just read somewhere it could be the OS ur running 32bit verses 64 bit? but there both running 64 bit

So its only safe to Assume Im having a compatibility issue?
but how do i resolve it ????
Old 04-24-2013, 11:43 PM

Default Re: Mbox 3g Flashing lights sequence osx 10.7.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by beatsamillion View Post
ok im having the same problem as some people, now Ive been exchanging emails back and forth with avid reps and this is what i've concluded awaiting a response

because this was a new machine im using and its never worked on it they were quick to say its a hardware issue and had to send it in for repair

BUT
im using a macbook pro running OSx 10.7.5 and when i uninstalled all the drivers and just plugged the mbox in i get the sequence of lights again -ok

So i tried it on a i7 mackbook pro running OSX 10.8 with drivers installed then driver uninstalled and got the same thing sequence of light again SSSSOOOOOOO
I then got my hands on a old style MacBook (not Pro white hard case) running 10.6.8 what the mbox 3g was built for plugged it in and the sequence happened but after one cycle the solid power blue light came on ....soooo i installed the drivers and BAM it works great so we can rule out hardware issue

I tried the power hub.. that didn't work ether

and i just read somewhere it could be the OS ur running 32bit verses 64 bit? but there both running 64 bit

So its only safe to Assume Im having a compatibility issue?
but how do i resolve it ????
Hi,

Have you definitely got the latest Drivers released a few weeks ago? And made sure you've uninstalled all the old drivers...

http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/d...ox-Pro-Drivers

Have you tried booting the mac into 32 bit mode? Hold down the 3 and 2 keys whilst booting.

And you're connected directly to the computer (no hubs)

Chris

Producer, Engineer,
UKmastering Mixing & Mastering
Blinders_Columbia top 40 UK album charts
Slow Readers Club Joy Of The Return #9 UK album charts

www.ukmastering.com

PT10.3.10 Mountain Lion HD6 accel Magma PE6R4 D Command 32 MacPro 12 Core 3.46ghz UAD-2 Octo x2. Manley Vari-Mu, Manley Massive Passive, SSL VHD, ADL600, Grove Tubes ViPre, Tube-Tech CL-1B. Hafler TRM active monitoring.
Old 04-25-2013, 05:13 AM

Thanks for the reply

Yes I actually tried the right ones and then downloaded them all.

Was on the phone with tech support for 1 and a half hours on Monday with no solution

This what I've done since

Installed 10.7 on a external hard drive and just the mbox driver - nothing

Wiped the main drive clean and installed 10.7 again -nothing

Now I'm going to try downgrading the os but I'm waiting for apple to send me a bootable cd copy should be in tomorrow

But no one mention the 32 bit option going to try that now
Old 04-25-2013, 05:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crizdee View Post
Hi,

Have you definitely got the latest Drivers released a few weeks ago? And made sure you've uninstalled all the old drivers...

http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/d...ox-Pro-Drivers

Have you tried booting the mac into 32 bit mode? Hold down the 3 and 2 keys whilst booting.

And you're connected directly to the computer (no hubs)

Chris
Nothing bro sill the sameeeeeeeee issue im going to have to go see apple about this see if it actually my system