Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)

Old 02-02-2008, 10:58 AM

Default Why is Pro tools 7.1.2 \"disabling\" mbox 2 pro?

Recently got a new pc (specs below) and installed protools 7.1.2 with no apparent problems. Version worked on my old pc (same mbox 2 pro) but pc was too slow thus new pc. When I start protools a window opens up asking me to "select waves vocal bundle folder" I click cancel and a box comes up called "vocal bundle 1.0 preferences" with "dont use Audiosuite, rtas, tdm or htdm plugins." I have tried selecting them all then clicking ok or not selecting them and hitting cancel. Either way the next message I get is "No plugins were found X_Waveshell-DAE." I click ok and protools continues loading.

Protools then starts up and seems fine. My waves mercury bundle plugins all seem to be present. Everything seems ok except there is no sound. Not only is there no sound but if I want sound in other applications like adobe audition or windows media player, I have to unplug the firewire connection and plug it back to get the mbox 2 pro to work. It works just fine in those other applications. I use audition to record, mix and everything else with no problem. I did not adjust any of the default settings in place from the install until after I notice the problem. I have not reinstalled pro tools yet.

p.s I'm not sure why it would ask for waves vocal bundle plugins when I only installed mercury and ssl. Unless vocal is a sub group (for lack of better words) of the mercury bundle....

<<< System Summary >>>

> Manufacturer : Dell Vostro VOSTRO_400

> Mainboard : Dell 0RN474

> Chipset : Intel P31/P35

> Processor : Intel Core 2 Duo E6550 @ 2333 MHz

> Physical Memory : 3072 MB

> Video Card : Nvidia Corp GeForce 8300 GS

> Hard Disk : ST3320620AS (320 GB) [seagate baracuda]

> Hard Disk : ST380815AS (80 GB)

> DVD-Rom Drive : HL-DT-ST DVD-ROM GDRH20N

> DVD-Rom Drive : LITE-ON DVDRW LH-20A1S

> DVD-Rom Drive : JK2339A KDQ543J SCSI CdRom Device

> DVD-Rom Drive : MagicISO Virtual DVD-ROM0000

> Monitor Type : 17 inches

> Network Card : Intel Corporation 82562V-2 10/100 Network Connection

> Operating System : Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition 5.01.2600 Service Pack 2

> DirectX : Version 9.0c (May 2007)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
***** End of report *****
Old 02-02-2008, 12:05 PM

Default Re: Why is Pro tools 7.1.2 \"disabling\" mbox 2 pro?

Just to update on this situation. I just reinstalled pro tools and nothing changed.

Btw do most people have a smooth experience with pro tools? I ask because although it worked on my old pc, I had to create a new login profile in windows and install to that profile to get it to work. I thought that was a random thing but now I have to wonder about its robustness because I have never had this much of an issue with any other music software including Reason, Audition, Soundforge, Waves, Antares etc...