Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > ProControl, Control|24, Command|8
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-02-2009, 08:49 AM

Default Command 8 and HyperControl

I just bought and returned the new AxiomPro as my HD rig won't play nice with both C|8 and HyperControl together. It seems to be and either /or proposition (either use your Command 8 OR use the Axiom Pro). What's wrong with this picture?
The idea of using an external controller that automatically maps plugs (especially instruments) in conjunction with a Digi control surface would seem to be a no brainer, but this would only work (and only somewhat at that) if I disconnected the C|8 and allowed the Axiom to be the only controller.
If we're not going to get a new version (or even an updated version) of a Command 8 in the foreseeable future, couldn't we at least get some Digi attention to allowing 3rd party keyboards like M- Audio's new Axiom Pro to fully function alongside it? Digi? Please?
Old 04-04-2009, 03:04 PM

Default Re: Command 8 and HyperControl

Axiom-Pro... Why is this the only mappable keyboard?
The above is good to know for I was thinking of offing my Kontrol49 for one of those.
Now I wish what I've already invested in would work (and it works well with Reason).
Is their any cross mapping to other keyboards for HyperControl? or is this proprietary as well?
Like HyperKontrol.....
Old 04-04-2009, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCDet View Post
Axiom-Pro... Why is this the only mappable keyboard?
Because it has supporting Control Surface hardware.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TCDet View Post
Is their any cross mapping to other keyboards for HyperControl?
I believe this is up to the application that supports HyperControl. Logic, Cubase, Reason and Ableton HyperControl Presets are available by default.

HyperControl Assignment Change is only supported with Pro Tools 8 and above.

filosofem
Old 04-13-2009, 11:58 PM
Avid

Hi Chris,

I'm sorry to hear you've had issues with these two controllers. Can you describe in more detail what problems you were having when both were connected?

Are you able to see a plug-in's controls on either surface when both are connected, or if not, what exactly happens? Also, which version of Pro Tools are you currently running, and what are the version numbers listed on the M-Audio Keyboard.dll and Command8.dll (Windows) or M-Audio Keyboard.bundle / Command8.bundle (OS X)?

Cheers,
Old 04-17-2009, 10:02 AM

As I returned the AxiomPro when it wouldn't play nice, I'll tell you what I remember.
I was able to use the play/stop and pause buttons on the axiom to run PT (PT 8 BTW).My frustration came because there was not a communication back and forth to the Axiom when plugs were instantiated or selected.... none what so ever. I've always been able to utilize the C8 to handle EQ, compression and all other plug in features using the C8 and they show up and are accessible.
When I plugged in the USB cable on the AxiomPro nothing changed in the LCD window on the keyboard and it always remained at a Reason default image. The C8 continued to work, but for all practical purposes the major features of the Axiom were DOA making it unusable for my needs.
I want 2 distinct controllers that provide feedback and control automatically for running PT, but when I emailed Digi about this I was referred to this :

When using a Digidesign Command|8, it must be the only MIDI control surface enabled within Pro Tools.
The Command|8 will not function with other MIDI controllers enabled, including but not limited to another Command|8, JL Cooper MCS Panner, Mackie HUI, or CM Labs MotorMix

So... any change to this or are we stuck using ONLY C8 on our systems??
Chris
Old 04-28-2009, 03:12 PM

Hi, I'm using PT LE 8 and have also just bought an Axiom Pro 49, I also have no control apart from start and stop and I do not have any other controllers, even if I manually change the controller to protools (PC Keys) still no joy. I have logged this with support bit still no reply after a week and a half.
I have also upgraded the drivers and the firmware.
Old 04-28-2009, 08:16 PM

Did you follow the Axiom Pro Quick Start Guide regarding the M-Audio Driver and Class Compliant installation?

filosofem
Old 05-04-2009, 10:44 PM

interested to hear the outcome here, looking at something similar, I currently use a alpha track and a Axiom 49. thinking of going to the pro.
Old 05-20-2009, 04:48 PM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Many View Post
When using a Digidesign Command|8, it must be the only MIDI control surface enabled within Pro Tools.
The Command|8 will not function with other MIDI controllers enabled, including but not limited to another Command|8, JL Cooper MCS Panner, Mackie HUI, or CM Labs MotorMix

So... any change to this or are we stuck using ONLY C8 on our systems??
Chris
We've tested this and you can use both the Command|8 and an Axiom Pro simultaneously.
Old 06-20-2011, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigiTechSupt View Post
We've tested this and you can use both the Command|8 and an Axiom Pro simultaneously.
how?