Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > General Discussion & Off Topic > General Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-07-2002, 07:37 AM

Default adat bridge word clock

I have just purchased a digimax pre from presonus. I have attempted to sync it to the word clock out of the adat bridge, but for some reason the digimax sees superclock. I have gone directly from my clock master(MTP AV) with super clock off and it syncs up. Any thoughts? Thanks
Old 05-08-2002, 05:19 AM

Default Re: adat bridge word clock

The word clock from the ADAT bridge will not drive very much cable. I had to keep cables shorter than 2 meters inorder to transmit wordclock successfully. I checked this fairly thoroughly with an Oscilliscope.

I would suggest a lucid or aardvark wordclock distribution amp if you need to drive any kind of cable length.
1-603-867-6843
Old 05-09-2002, 12:49 AM

Default Re: adat bridge word clock

That was it! Thanks for the post. I had to reduce the length of the cable in order for the digimax to sync-not a very strong output from the adat bridge indeed!