Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Pro Tools HDX & HD Native Systems (Win)

Old 09-25-2011, 05:42 AM

Default Be aware! Potential HD Omni buyers with treated Rooms and Computers. Omni Noisy Fan

HD OMNI NOISY FAN

Hello everyone,

Just wanted to tell all potential buyers of the HD OMNI interface to be aware of the fan noise of this product, even after installing the latest firmware update (2.10), makes less noise but still considerable for a project or home studio or a lot for a professional ambient.

For those who have an acoustically treated room and a silent Computer this cooling fan may be a big problem. Specially with this product that is intended to be very near you since it has knobs and switches. I don't understand why they do such a good product with very good preamps, converters and functionality and ruin it all with such a noisy cooling fan. Why do you need a super preamp and converter when the recording has a lot of noise from the beginning.

The curious thing is that Avid has a marketing video promoting this product showing it in front of a singer/producer who records at 1/2 meter of distance between the Omni and his mic. I just wonder how that worked out. Maybe he has a "better" HD Omni Interface? Come on Avid, I know you guys can do better than that. I am an Avid/PT user/fan that is sadly disappointed with this HD Omni problem and particularly with Avid's reaction to acknowledge this problem and address it properly.

Regards

FRaNCo