Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > General Discussion & Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 01-16-2019, 07:12 PM

Default Re: A producers integrity

Thanks to all of you very much for letting me know that it is the producers job, to work on the vocal audio so that now i can really lean into he/she to make sure that they give me exactly what I want, and what they are supposed to do.
Old 01-17-2019, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by albee1952 View Post

I remember the good old days when the producer would hit the talkback after a take and say, "that take sucked....do it again".
I still do that Without using sucked though :)

Wave-T.com
Old 01-17-2019, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emcha_audio View Post
I still do that Without using sucked though :)
Same here. I would never let anything pass me by that I can’t say I did everything I could to make the song and takes ss good as possible.

We are on a mission to bring back the great sounding recordings from earlier days as the whole edm pop music producers (most of these guys) have no clue what they are doing and have 0 knowledge of the recording process as they grew up using nice pictures of analog gear on a laptop and a $100 mic going into a cheap interface with too much distortion and call that setup a studio!!

In reality i would call it a computer and a mic, no where near calling these setups a studio. That word has been washed to death and anyone with a laptop and a small 2i2 call their setup studio which is wrong in soo many ways.

Imagine if our songs we deliver to record companies had this low totally smashed and untimed crap done to them ...

Case in point:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=HFsKxbrZKNQ

I threw this on to our 5.1 Genelec 1032 system and listened ln our Barefoot monitors MM27 and thought both systems had gone bad with crackling subwoofers and the distortion OH GOD The Distortion ?? They destroyed everything on this ”song” and this type of wannabee producers are destroying music quality all together! Don’t get me wrong, I love Rap and the new sound from Drake, Offset, Migo’s et al HOWEVER Have a quick listen to Snoop Dogg and Dr Dre from the Chronic album for example and just marvel on how great those rap tunes sounded compared to todays extremely sad state of music mixes.

Who in their right mind thought this was a finished product with this aweful extremely sorry mix technique?? WOW!! Enough is ENOUGH

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 01-18-2019, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southsidemusic View Post
Same here. I would never let anything pass me by that I can’t say I did everything I could to make the song and takes ss good as possible.

We are on a mission to bring back the great sounding recordings from earlier days as the whole edm pop music producers (most of these guys) have no clue what they are doing and have 0 knowledge of the recording process as they grew up using nice pictures of analog gear on a laptop and a $100 mic going into a cheap interface with too much distortion and call that setup a studio!!

In reality i would call it a computer and a mic, no where near calling these setups a studio. That word has been washed to death and anyone with a laptop and a small 2i2 call their setup studio which is wrong in soo many ways.

Imagine if our songs we deliver to record companies had this low totally smashed and untimed crap done to them ...

Case in point:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=HFsKxbrZKNQ

I threw this on to our 5.1 Genelec 1032 system and listened ln our Barefoot monitors MM27 and thought both systems had gone bad with crackling subwoofers and the distortion OH GOD The Distortion ?? They destroyed everything on this ”song” and this type of wannabee producers are destroying music quality all together! Don’t get me wrong, I love Rap and the new sound from Drake, Offset, Migo’s et al HOWEVER Have a quick listen to Snoop Dogg and Dr Dre from the Chronic album for example and just marvel on how great those rap tunes sounded compared to todays extremely sad state of music mixes.

Who in their right mind thought this was a finished product with this aweful extremely sorry mix technique?? WOW!! Enough is ENOUGH
I had my akg k271 mk2 on when I clicked on that link and regretted it instantly, not even going to try listening to it on my Genelec 8040

Wave-T.com
Old 01-18-2019, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emcha_audio View Post
I had my akg k271 mk2 on when I clicked on that link and regretted it instantly, not even going to try listening to it on my Genelec 8040
I pity you, I could hear the distortion on my phones speaker