Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Post Production > Post - Surround - Video
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-05-2011, 02:07 AM

Default annyoing bus bug PT 10

Ok, this is kinda complicated to explain, but I'll give it a try:

I imported the reverbs from my DIA session (2 x altiverb 5.1 & 2 x altiverb mono) containing all the automated scene changes, into my foley session, and created new busses in the I/O setup to feed them.
After premixing the foley, I imported both the foley and DIA tracks into my master mix session. Now, the following happend: All the DIA reverb sends have been changed to foley reverb sends. I tried manually changing all the the sends back to DIA sends preserving all the automation, but upon saving and re-opening the session , the sends are reverted to foley sends again... Very odd.
I also start getting random "Segmentation Fault in thread"Main Thread" at address 0x0" now (have been using PT 10 for 6 weeks w/o problems). Anyone else seeing that kind of I/O problems in PT10?
Old 12-06-2011, 12:55 AM

Default Re: annyoing bus bug PT 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.armadillo View Post
Ok, this is kinda complicated to explain, but I'll give it a try:

I imported the reverbs from my DIA session (2 x altiverb 5.1 & 2 x altiverb mono) containing all the automated scene changes, into my foley session, and created new busses in the I/O setup to feed them.
After premixing the foley, I imported both the foley and DIA tracks into my master mix session. Now, the following happend: All the DIA reverb sends have been changed to foley reverb sends. I tried manually changing all the the sends back to DIA sends preserving all the automation, but upon saving and re-opening the session , the sends are reverted to foley sends again... Very odd.
I also start getting random "Segmentation Fault in thread"Main Thread" at address 0x0" now (have been using PT 10 for 6 weeks w/o problems). Anyone else seeing that kind of I/O problems in PT10?
This bug has been there for me since PT 9. Only with sessions with imported tracks. The way for me to solve this is to import a saved I/O Setup and delete all unused busses. Or delete all busses and build up the I/O from scratch and import the automation data afterwards.

Sebastian
Old 12-06-2011, 09:41 AM

Thanks. That's what I did, and it was a PITA.
Old 12-06-2011, 11:17 AM

This is driving me BONKERS as well!

It's a confidence groove-buster. Not the end of the world, but very inconvenient and embarrassing in front of a client.

Rob Burrell
aka mixboy

PTHD Ultimate/Eucon (latest betas) / Mac Studio Ultra 128GB RAM / Aja T-Tap / Sonnet M.2 4x4 PCIe 8TB / Focusrite 16Line / MTRX Studio / UAD Octo / 32 channel S1 & Dock (5) 2019 Fire HD 10 / Dolby Atmos 9.1.4 /Mastering Suite / 13.0 Sony 360RA