Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 12
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-08-2016, 05:46 PM

Default Missing Session File

Apparently I deleted a session but have no recollection of selecting the session to put it in my trash within my MacBook Pro. I cannot find the session anywhere in my computer, however I can find every other session I have created. Any ideas where it might have gone or could be?

If the session is permanently gone, I have a wav file of the session. Can this wav file be imported back to pro tools and my session will be restored? Or is this not possible?

I was very pleased with what I had created within the session and would really appreciate any feed back to hopefully restoring what I once had!
Old 12-08-2016, 07:12 PM

Default Re: Missing Session File

Did you delete the session file or the entire session folder? Is Pro Tools auto backup turned on? Also, If you simply delete a file or folder on mac, chances are excellent that it will go to the trash folder unharmed. Did you look there.

No way to re-create a pro tools session from a mixed wav file.
Old 12-11-2016, 01:13 PM

Default Re: Missing Session File

The entire session folder was deleted. Also, I do not have auto back up on and it was nowhere to be found in the trash.