Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > AAX Plug-ins
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-23-2015, 01:42 PM
SKnote

Default Re: AAX-DSP? Yes! A crowd-funded project you can support if you use DSP.

Closed!

It was an interesting experiment. I got a great inside on HDX and the surrounding world.

As I wrote in the last update on kickstarter, I'd like to underline how this is not over, though. Just spread the word and make HDX users write an email to sknote.it if interested. We need just a decent potential userbase to justify the effort.

Last edited by quintosardo; 10-24-2015 at 01:25 PM.
Old 10-23-2015, 04:11 PM

Default Re: AAX-DSP? Yes! A crowd-funded project you can support if you use DSP.

I have done my best to keep up with this, but I must have missed any talk of releasing AAX "native" (read: non-DSP) versions. Is that in the works?
Old 10-23-2015, 04:46 PM
SKnote

Yes, coming immediately after AES in New York that slowed us down a bit, because we're currently in the USA :)
Old 10-23-2015, 06:04 PM

Neato, I've been wanting to try Disto, but didn't want to get my hopes up until I got confirmation.
Old 10-24-2015, 08:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by quintosardo View Post
Closed!

It was an interesting experiment. I got a great inside on HDX and the surrounding world.

As I wrote in the last udate on kickstarter, I'd like to underline how this is not over, though. Just spread the word and make HDX users write an email to sknote.it if interested. We need just a decent potential userbase to justify the effort.
I am a bit disappointed with the kickstarter results, but i think the AAX version of disto may give visibility for SKnote in Pro Tools land.
I hope you will go on with the AAX DSP project!
Old 10-24-2015, 09:58 AM

Disappointed yes but agreed that further AAX work will give more visibility to the developer. My assumption is the vast majority of HDX users are not paying much attention to the DUC or PT Expert.
Old 10-24-2015, 01:40 PM
SKnote

Probably there isn't a single place for HDX users?

Last edited by quintosardo; 10-24-2015 at 02:13 PM.
Old 10-24-2015, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by quintosardo View Post

Probably there isn't a single place for HDX users?

You'd think Avid might have a database of HDX users () and have a policy of sending them either a news letter, or unique alerts, regarding 3rd party development partners, and other things that bring value to their investment.

Anyway, I'm certain when Pro Tools users have had a year or so of using several of your plug-ins as AAX Native products, another attempt at crowd-funding for the development of DSP versions will be much more feasible.

Good luck.
Old 10-25-2015, 09:35 AM

Only 8 backers??? I am not an HDX user but I certainly expected more than that considering the amount of HDX users that complain about the lack of plugins all the time. I think this is the reason many plugin devs are not taking the chance and can't blame them.

pro-tools-pc.com

TRASHER Pro Tools Utility(updated 4-11-2024)

HD Native, Avid 16x16, Eleven Rack, Focusrite Clarett 8preX, UA Quad Apollo TB.

Intel I7 9900k
Win 10
Old 10-25-2015, 10:15 AM
SKnote

It is quite hardly inviting if I couldn't even reach them. Talking about talking, not even funding! :)