Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > AAX Plug-ins
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-28-2014, 01:08 PM

Default Re: Sampletank 3 first impressions

I think the GUI is fine, especially when compared to sampletank 2x which was hideous to me.
Old 07-28-2014, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenjb View Post
I think the GUI is fine, especially when compared to sampletank 2x which was hideous to me.
Have to disagree; ST2 was a LOT more readable on a variety of screens even with the small gui it had. ST3 on a glossy screen is a nightmare. Note that a lot of us are talking about readability, not so much functionality. The color selection for ST3 isn't good at all, especially for those of us who are getting on in years or have eyesight problems. Give us the color capabilities of ST2 with contrast and brightness controls and I'll be happy. And it's not that my monitor is crappy - it's color corrected with the same hardware I use to calibrate my Photoshop computer's monitor.

QAPLA!
Old 07-28-2014, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman691 View Post
Have to disagree; ST2 was a LOT more readable on a variety of screens even with the small gui it had. ST3 on a glossy screen is a nightmare. Note that a lot of us are talking about readability, not so much functionality. The color selection for ST3 isn't good at all, especially for those of us who are getting on in years or have eyesight problems. Give us the color capabilities of ST2 with contrast and brightness controls and I'll be happy. And it's not that my monitor is crappy - it's color corrected with the same hardware I use to calibrate my Photoshop computer's monitor.
I've only seen it on my 2009 mbp screen and my 2nd monitor Which is an older 30" apple cinema display. I'm all for your improvement ideas but just saying, looks fine to me and I don't find any parts hard to read.
Old 07-28-2014, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenjb View Post
I've only seen it on my 2009 mbp screen and my 2nd monitor Which is an older 30" apple cinema display. I'm all for your improvement ideas but just saying, looks fine to me and I don't find any parts hard to read.
You've got better eyes than I do; good you find the new gui not hard to deal with. You mean you can find everything okay in the gui? There are some of the grey on black indicators and icons on the screen very difficult to make out.

QAPLA!
Old 07-30-2014, 01:13 PM

Thumbs up Re: Sampletank 3 first impressions

I created a quick song with SampleTank 3 after having it for only a day. I'm very impressed with the usability factor. I haven't even cracked the manual yet and was able to easily find everything I was looking for.

It's very user friendly IMHO. There are some improvements and bug fixes needed. But for such a huge overhaul from ST2, IK did a fantastic job - (I've definitely seen worse)

SampleTank 3 - Quick Look and Listen - Beauty & Beast (Mellow Glitch Dubstep) - YouTube

Windows 11 Pro | macOS 12
Pro Tools 2022
benonistudio.com
Youtube Channel - benonistudio
Plugin Deals
@benonistudio
Old 07-30-2014, 01:39 PM
IK Multimedia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benoni View Post
I created a quick song with SampleTank 3 after having it for only a day. I'm very impressed with the usability factor. I haven't even cracked the manual yet and was able to easily find everything I was looking for.

It's very user friendly IMHO. There are some improvements and bug fixes needed. But for such a huge overhaul from ST2, IK did a fantastic job - (I've definitely seen worse)

SampleTank 3 - Quick Look and Listen - Beauty & Beast (Mellow Glitch Dubstep) - YouTube
Wow you were the one that did a fantastic job with that! After only a day, that's quite a great demo. Thank you so much.
Old 07-30-2014, 02:07 PM

Other than the known issues ST3 has been working really well. Did an Enya cover with 8 instances of ST3, one of Kontakt, three instances of the IK 670 compressor emulation, an IK channel strip on my 2 bus and cpu usage is well under 20%. Glad to have an old friend back in the arsenal.

QAPLA!
Old 07-30-2014, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman691 View Post
You've got better eyes than I do; good you find the new gui not hard to deal with. You mean you can find everything okay in the gui? There are some of the grey on black indicators and icons on the screen very difficult to make out.
I see what you mean.

I am near sighted and need glasses to drive etc. but I can see pretty good up close. I do see now where those little grey on black indicators could be hard to make out.
Old 08-01-2014, 08:50 AM
IK Multimedia

I wanted to be sure those following this thread were aware... UPDATE: SampleTank 3.0.1 update is available in your IK User Area now! Release notes specify what changes are included.
Old 08-01-2014, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter - IK Multimedia View Post
I wanted to be sure those following this thread were aware... UPDATE: SampleTank 3.0.1 update is available in your IK User Area now! Release notes specify what changes are included.
Still no fix for the PT crash on close session with ST3 gui open.

QAPLA!