How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Eleven Rack
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-18-2012, 08:57 AM

Default Issue recording through Eleven Rack

Hi guys,

I picked up the Eleven Rack today and was able to enjoy playing through it straight away. Great stuff. Plug and Play. Installing Pro Tools 10 and plug ins on the PC and getting familiarised has taken me the best part of 8 hours so far...not so great and definitely not plug and play...

I am using the Eleven Rack as my audio interface and when I try and record a guitar track I can hear the guitar, and PT is registering it in the mix, but no waveform is showing and nothing is actually recorded. I have tried using audio mono, stereo, and no luck. I even tried instrument channels even though I know they are for virtual instruments... I am tired and at wits end. I just want to play!

When I try and find the Eleven Rack in the Plug Ins it isnt there, but I have the Input as the Eleven Rack and have also tried the Guitar In option also...

Not sure what I am doing wrong. Help..please...
Old 07-18-2012, 10:10 AM

Do you have the "Eleven Rack Introduction to Pro Tools" manual? Follow along with that, including starting with the demo session. Should take a couple of hours at most to cover what is in that manual. You will just be beating your head against the wall if you are trying to work all this out by random walk experiments. The large Pro Tools Reference Guide will answer many other questions and the searchable PDF is handy.

And when you create a new session use one of the supplied Eleven Rack session templates, you won't need to create any tracks then, but if you do the guitar track has to be an audio track and the track input I/O matters, guitar in (mono) is the dry guitar (will be at very low level) and Eleven Rack L/R is the wet guitar.

What does "find Eleven Rack in the plugins" mean. Does your Eleven Rack control window appear? (that is implemented as a type of plugin). You do not insert the Eleven Rack as a usual type of plugin on a track--that would be the Eleven (purchased separately) or Eleven Free plugins, which most (certainly personal) Eleven Rack users would probably never use since recording or reamping with the Eleven Rack works so well.

What exactly does "registering in the mix" mean? You hear it on the monitors and/or see it on the guitar channel meters and/or the master fader meters?

Darryl
Old 07-19-2012, 06:03 AM

Default Re: Issue recording through Eleven Rack

Hi Darryl,

Thanks very much for your reply. I worked out what was being done wrong and have it working.

I appreciate your time and help.

Regards
Redd
Old 07-23-2012, 06:53 PM

Default Re: Issue recording through Eleven Rack

Quote:
Originally Posted by redd1971 View Post
I picked up the Eleven Rack today and was able to enjoy playing through it straight away.
There you go...plug & Play!

Quote:
Originally Posted by redd1971 View Post
Great stuff. Plug and Play. Installing Pro Tools 10 and plug ins on the PC and getting familiarised has taken me the best part of 8 hours so far...not so great and definitely not plug and play...
LOL, now that cracks me up. I'm amazed how anybody could think that becoming "familiarized" with any professional recording software could possibly be as simple as plugging a guitar into an interface. Now if only someone could invent a program that could plug directly into your brain so everything one needed to know about something could be instantly learned...such as in 'The Matrix'.

BTW... it may need to be said that Australians and New Zealanders are always 'prodding' at each other. We do it in jest for the most part...as is done here

Motherboard: Gigabyte Z690 AERO D
CPU: Intel Alder Lake Core i9-12900K
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15S
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR5 64GB (2x 32gb 5200MHz)
Drives: 2 x Samsung 980 Pro 2TB NVME PCIE 4.0 M.2 SSD (Record & Samples)
1 x Samsung 980 Pro 1TB NVME PCIE 4.0 M.2 SSD (OS Win 11 Pro)

GPU:Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3060 12GB GDDR6 PCIE 4
PSU: Corsair HX Series HX850 Platinim
CASE: Fractal Define XL R2
PT 11HD (v11.3.2) Omni s/pdif <> AxeFxIII
HD 96I/O