Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Digidesign Hardware & Software
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-25-2012, 06:12 PM

Default procontrol on pt 5.1 problems, anyone?

I recently seem to have lost my ability to use my procontrol.

I am on os9.2.2
PT 5.1.?

It seems there are two enet0 choices coming up when I scan the port. It can't find the procontrol.

any suggestions?

thanks

rich
Old 02-14-2012, 10:00 AM

Default Re: procontrol on pt 5.1 problems, anyone?

I will reply with the solution that was posted on the procontrol forum in case anyone else is looking for this. (and hopefully Avid won't ditch these forums in their next corporate house cleaning/name change/support policy streamlining).

I believe that it is the airport card situation that Delta Music Belgium suggested. I had installed an airport card but never got it going. Also had a series of crashes recently. I had a crazy CD with a paper label from another studio that the drive refused to see and locked the computer up.

In trying to eject it after a few hard restarts, I was able to get the machine up and going, but with no procontrol.

After I went in an finally made only the base extensions active, no more problem.

Now the machine is working great!

thanks everyone for their suggestions!

rich

www.midwestaudiorecording.com