Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-27-2010, 07:14 PM

Default Recording with Eleven rack issue

I have just purchased the Eleven Rack however I am having problems recording with it in protools. While I can record via S/PDIF there is supposed to be an I/O option enabling you to choose Eleven Rig L/R and record via the USB cable. This isn't showing up for me as an option. I did not install the protools software that came with the rack as I already had v8.0.3 installed. Is anyone able to assist?
Old 02-27-2010, 08:07 PM

Default Re: Recording with Eleven rack issue

You might try going to the IO settings, the ones that show the available inputs and outputs, and hitting the DEFAULT button. See if they then show up.

Also, make sure that you installed the Eleven Rack driver.
Old 02-28-2010, 08:00 PM

Go to the Digi webpage, support, and find CS updates. Download the special 8.0.3 cs update reg. eleven rack.

You should be able to see ins in the I/O menu. (build up your I/O settings, if its not there allready; options menu)
Old 02-28-2010, 10:57 PM

Many thanks for the helpful posts. I tried hitting default in the I/O settings but had no luck. I then downloaded the 8.0.3 CS update and then went into the I/O setup. When the Eleven Rack didn't show up there I followed your advice and went to the import settings and managed to successfully add the Eleven Rack as an I/O path and it now shows up as an I/O option when I am in the mix window. So I think the problem is now solved. Again thanks heaps for the very prompt and helpful advice.