Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Live Sound > VENUE Live Sound Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-23-2009, 05:05 PM

Default Problems on loading a different file.

Got this email from one of our FOH guys and was wondering what steps we should take. The system was on and working fine, when he loaded his file the center and right channels were not working, this is his email to me.

"
Hey Scott;

A quick follow-up on the D-show not outputting Center and Right channels for me last Sunday; That is the 2nd time it has happened in the last 6 months… it comes back after rebooting once (the 1st time ((6 months ago)) I had to reboot 2-3 times).

I have attached a copy of my profile… though it should not be the issue; I use it every other week without error...

and a follow up email

"Always happens when loading a different profile then currently loaded (when switching profiles) and it’s the Master LCR output section

1st time (6months ago)

Right was not outputting- then rebooted and center & right did not output- then rebooted again and all was good

2nd time (last week)
Right and center not outputting- rebooted and all was fine"

I have never had this happen to me. And his file is based on mine as a starting point.

Scott
Old 07-23-2009, 06:04 PM
Avid

Default Re: Problems on loading a different file.

Hi Scott,

Send along your show file to the VENUE support team, and reference this DUC post. They may also ask to see the console log files, and will provide instructions on how to retrieve them.

It's difficult to say what could be happening, as this certainly isn't a common occurrence. For troubleshooting I'd start by looking at any commonalities between the busses and/or channels feeding the busses. For example, remove all plug-ins and GEQs on the LCR busses and see what happens. Also, is it all channels or just a few chanels that don't seem to make it to the busses?

Those are just a few places to start. Once we get the show file we can look into it a bit more.

Sheldon
Old 07-24-2009, 08:40 AM

Default Re: Problems on loading a different file.

Sheldon,
I'll send the files off today,
From what I understand it's all channels not outputing. The main outs have a Pultec EQ1P and a Phoenix, no graphics.