Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-14-2008, 02:43 PM

Default Time to Make the LEAP? Logic won\'t do it, Nuendo will, PT? ?

Okay here is how I operate.

When I record drums, I insert a plug in and then do it one of two ways, I either record the track and make changes on the fly (on the plug in) or if in NUENDO, I sometimes just use the automation that comes with any steinberg product and all plug ins are assigned a "R" for read, and "W" for write - and if you click on the plug in first W then R it will play back any changes you make.

I just found out that in Logic Pro 8, one person told me that you do not use Addictive Drums (AD) that way and that you have to drag the pattern to the timeline. I asked him if it was a function of logic or AD. Having been around DAWS for years, I am assuming this is a function (or lack thereof) of Logic and if so, that throws creativity out the window as I can't imagine sitting there picking a track (spot) for intro, another for verse, another for alt, and then chorus and all over again.

So, can someone enlighten me and let me know if you can do that with LE and hardware (which to buy)?

I have a Mackie 400F which I want to use so I can use anything that has SPDIF correct as the Mackie has 2 channels for guitar (pad HIGH Z) as well as excellent preamps for vocals so what is the cheapest most reliable way to go on a mac.

I have several partitions.

 Leopard 10.5.4
 Leopard 10.5.2
 Tiger 10.4.11

Thanks
Old 07-14-2008, 06:24 PM

Default Re: Time to Make the LEAP? Logic won\'t do it, Nuendo will, P

Okay so 4 hours later, anyone know? Can you record the midi track of a plug in and while you make changes record them into the "said" track?

Thanks.