Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Live Sound > VENUE Live Sound Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-30-2009, 08:31 AM

Default Pro tools LE 8 and D-show Profile

I've recently downloaded the update for pro tools 8 so that the Hardware set-up dialogue will open. This works fine and I can choose the FWx card to be the external device.

In the I/O set up dialogue pro tools still doesn't seem to recognise the FWx card. Also when setting up a new audio channel I can't choose one of the FWx inputs as the channel input source.

At the moment pro tools won't open without the Mbox being pulgged in, so presumably isn't fully recognising the FWx card.

Anyone got any tips on this?

Also, where the best place to enquire/ suggest updates for the D-Show software? Had had a few touring engineers recently who have asked if the desk can do certain things which at the moment it can't

Cheers
Old 07-07-2009, 09:42 PM

Default Re: Pro tools LE 8 and D-show Profile

The console needs to be turned on first, then the computer powered up/Pro Tools started. Are you on a Mac or PC? Desktop or laptop? Have you tried different firewire cables? Are you sure it's installed and setup properly?