Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Artist Series
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-24-2014, 03:42 AM

Default EUCon now connects less than 50% of the time!

Jeez the software seems to get worse and worse!!

Now with 3.1 It’s almost impossible to get it my Artist MC & MIX connecting to the program either Logic or Pro Tools! I close EU Con power off the units, reboot yet they just sit there, often the Workstation is missing from My Workstations, I add it but it does nothing..

Any clues on how to get this thing connecting better?

I have a Mac Pro 2012 and use an external router to grab both ethernet cables from the Artist MIX & MC this feeds into the MAc Pro’s 2nd ethernet port using DHCP on a different IP to my main internet e.g. 192.168.1.1..

I might add this has worked flawlessly since I had it it’s only since Avid bought them and starting issuing updates that it became unreliable! now it’s worse than ever!! I’ve spent ages trying to find a work around to get these things to connect reliably.
Old 01-24-2014, 06:55 AM

Default Re: EUCon now connects less than 50% of the time!

What's your connection chain? Are you on a pc or a Mac, is your switch/router connected to the net? do you have a separate switch just for your artist controllers?

Wave-T.com
Old 01-24-2014, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emcha_audio View Post
What's your connection chain? Are you on a pc or a Mac, is your switch/router connected to the net? do you have a separate switch just for your artist controllers?
Thanks for the reply but yes I did explain the setup in my post

"I have a Mac Pro 2012 and use an external router to grab both ethernet cables from the Artist MIX & MC this feeds into the MAc Pro’s 2nd ethernet port using DHCP on a different IP to my main internet e.g. 192.168.1.1..”

So separate switch from net. after seeing lots of others with problems this was the best way to go..as I said worked flawlessly until now.

EG today been working in Logic x, had to reboot logic then controller stops working, I can force quite EuCon but still nothing, unplug power to MC MIC & Control still nothing, it’s all registered and working int he EuCon software but nothing happening, I can launch PT still nothing..
jeez what a pile of crap this software is, how can you make something get this bad..aren't updates meant to improve it!
Old 01-24-2014, 02:11 PM
Avid

I understand these types of issues are the most frustrating. Let's try to get you up and running.

Did you update the firmware on both surfaces? Have you tried going to System Prefrences > EUCON, and then stop/starting EUCON? Press stop and wait a few second then press start. Eucontrol should reopen shortly after you press start. Sometimes simply restarting the EUCON service can clear out connectivity issues.
Old 01-24-2014, 03:28 PM

turn your units on before you start your computer.Thats the only way my Artist Mix will hook up to PT's
Old 01-25-2014, 08:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by connor@@vid View Post
I understand these types of issues are the most frustrating. Let's try to get you up and running.

Did you update the firmware on both surfaces? Have you tried going to System Prefrences > EUCON, and then stop/starting EUCON? Press stop and wait a few second then press start. Eucontrol should reopen shortly after you press start. Sometimes simply restarting the EUCON service can clear out connectivity issues.
Thanks for the quick reply, please excuse my rant it’s so hard to get work done when it keeps stopping and that was a very busy day:)

yep firmware is up to date, normally I can quit and restart EuCon and the units will spring back to life but this latest software no way nothing. I had forgotten about the sys pref option though so I will try that. Basically if I stop start Logic or Pro Tools which I do regularly during the day, EU Con will stop working and so far seems impossible to restart it, without a full system re-boot. So far it’s twice today! I’ll feedback if I get a work around with the sys pref.
Old 01-25-2014, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyman View Post
turn your units on before you start your computer.Thats the only way my Artist Mix will hook up to PT's
Ahh thats what a friend of mine was doing, thats why I got a cheap router switch and plugged them both into that on a separate lan to the net, you can more or less switch them on anytime, well I could until the latest software updates :)
Old 01-25-2014, 10:46 AM

We couldn't get our 4 units to connect after plugging them into a router but after using our WIFI modem which has 4 inputs we run our units via WiFi and no hard ethernet cables connected to the macbook pro at all, just the modem via WiFi and the artist units connected to the modem. Works everytime and never once have they lost connection, we also disabled EuCon on start-up so we manually start EuCon and after the spinning "E" is finished we start our units anad BAM! Works all the time

Just a thought if someone else have a similar setup

Best Wishes
Christopher

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 01-26-2014, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by connor@@vid View Post

Well I have tried using the EuCon sys pref to stop and start the EUCon launch but nothing still the units sit there, I can see them appearing int he EUCon window and registering as my surfaces, but the workstation is not attaching, I can manually add it, but still nothing.
I tried various combinations of orders trying to resurrect the Artists units but they sit there, they can see Logic and sometimes I get names but no fader movement..
sigh can I downgrade and go back pre Pro Tools? this used to work perfectly..
Old 01-29-2014, 08:30 AM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by boomish69 View Post
Well I have tried using the EuCon sys pref to stop and start the EUCon launch but nothing still the units sit there, I can see them appearing int he EUCon window and registering as my surfaces, but the workstation is not attaching, I can manually add it, but still nothing.

I tried various combinations of orders trying to resurrect the Artists units but they sit there, they can see Logic and sometimes I get names but no fader movement..

sigh can I downgrade and go back pre Pro Tools? this used to work perfectly..

PM sent. Check your inbox.