Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Artist Series
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-27-2011, 04:44 PM

Default [Solved]2.6.1 RME totalmix control still broken

Mackie control of total mix is still broken. It worked in 2.5.7 not in 2.6 or 2.6.1.
Nobody cares.
I can do without it, but it is not encouraging.

MAC- OSX - 10.10.5 - MOTU828MKII - ProTools9

Last edited by johngar; 09-06-2011 at 06:37 PM. Reason: solved
Old 08-28-2011, 07:55 AM

Default Re: 2.6.1 RME totalmix control still broken

Wow, broken on windows too?

On OS X Lion I had to hack Eucon just to get any Mackie Control, but never did get Totalmix running. More hacking to come....
Old 08-28-2011, 12:58 PM

More followup: it looks like it's definitely an Avid problem.

I can confirm that TotalMix v 0.942 does indeed respond to other Mackie Control
interfaces, at least on OS X 10.7.1. I rigged up my old Yamaha 01X control surface to it in standalone mode (with an i88x).
Old 08-28-2011, 07:55 PM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by johngar View Post
Mackie control of total mix is still broken. It worked in 2.5.7 not in 2.6 or 2.6.1.
Nobody cares.
I can do without it, but it is not encouraging.
It's not that nobody cares. We can only do so much at any time. The best way to proceed is to log a case through my Artist and provide as many details as possible so that when resources are available we can quickly reproduce and fix the problem.

JC
Old 08-30-2011, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC Haydon View Post
It's not that nobody cares. We can only do so much at any time. The best wY to proceed is to log a case through my Artist and provide as many details as possible so that when resources are available we can quickly reproduce and fix the problem.

JC
This was not directed at avid support. There have been several post's about this with little or no responses. It seems there are no other users experiencing this problem or there are not many users with an RME configuration that are using it this way. I have contacted support but we have yet to find a solution.

Old 08-31-2011, 05:42 AM

Quote:
This was not directed at avid support. There have been several post's about this with little or no responses. It seems there are no other users experiencing this problem or there are not many users with an RME configuration that are using it this way. I have contacted support but we have yet to find a solution.

Hi JohnGar - I've been posting in parallel to you, and feel similarly frustrated. I've been in contact with support too, and have filed a couple of incident reports on My Artist as well.

If anyone else is reading these threads and has similar issues with TotalMix and EuCon, please chime in - squeakier wheels get more grease, as JC says. More importantly, if you have any success with the two, please let us know!

Dave
Old 09-06-2011, 06:36 PM

Well today it has mysteriously started working again. I don't know how or why, but it works.
good luck

Old 09-07-2011, 07:35 AM

Quote:
Well today it has mysteriously started working again. I don't know how or why, but it works.
good luck
Boy oh boy do I envy you! DO you have any details? What OS version are you on, which version of Eucon? I'm on OS X - if you are too could you zip up your whole /Library Dir and send it to me?

I've got to call back Avid support and work with them a little on this - I need to get it working.
Old 09-07-2011, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveDaveDave View Post
Boy oh boy do I envy you! DO you have any details? What OS version are you on, which version of Eucon? I'm on OS X - if you are too could you zip up your whole /Library Dir and send it to me?

I've got to call back Avid support and work with them a little on this - I need to get it working.
Well maybe not so mysteriuos.
I went into the Eucon Preferences and flipped it to HUI control, then back to Mackie Control. The next time I rebooted I got a big surprise that is was working. I tried that before, but no luck.
So now it works, but seems a little buggy, sometimes it works and sometimes not.
Like right now it sees totalmix, but the faders stopped controlling it, and it sees the channel labels on the MC.
If I reboot, I'll bet it works again.
This is on my PC.

Old 10-16-2011, 06:08 AM

Hi,

I have the same problem, I just updated to 2.6.1 and Mackie Control for RME totalmix is broken. I just try with other softwares that I use with Mackie Control and catastrophe!! The MC Mix confused between tracks of Logic and the Mackie Control softwares... I can't use 2 different softwares at the same time.
So I want to return to 2.5.7 and previous firmware. It's possible? Otherwise, I will obliged to return the unit.

Thank you in advance.

Joseph