Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Virtual Instruments
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-01-2018, 05:32 AM

Default Komplete 12 drops today - who's going to be the first?

Seeing as how Komplete 12 drops today I'm wondering who's going to be the first? Absent true system specs at least for OSX I'm holding off right now. The pre-release specs for Kontakt 6 show El Crapitan as the minimum; read on the NI Kontakt forum someone talked to support at NI and were told High Sierra was the minimum and at least one well-known NI users (Kymeia) who's on the beta test team is running in Sierra. That's a heck of a spread in OSX versions.

The other thing I'm wondering about is do I get the whole K12 vanilla (I have K9 vanilla) or just go for the Kontakt 6 upgrade? The only two new things are Kontakt 6 and Massive which is expected to drop in January 2019. Unlike K6 there's not a whole lot out on the new Massive. I do use it but not as much as Kontakt and have to wonder what new stuff is being brought to the table with the new Massive?

edit for additional/corrections:
Massive X slated to drop February 2019
Minimum system requirements as shown on this page: https://www.native-instruments.com/e...pecifications/ are Sierra for OSX and Win7 for Windows. 170 gig for full install. Note that this is from the base level Komplete 12.

QAPLA!

Last edited by musicman691; 10-01-2018 at 01:43 PM. Reason: addtitions & corrections
Old 10-01-2018, 12:45 PM

Default Re: Komplete 12 drops today - who's going to be the first?

I'm not in a rush. Last jump I made was from KU9-KU11. Will no doubt wait to see what NI offer on Black Friday for upgrades. 50% off is the starting price!

Stephen

https://www.waves.com/r/djgsi6
Old 10-01-2018, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Bond View Post
I'm not in a rush. Last jump I made was from KU9-KU11. Will no doubt wait to see what NI offer on Black Friday for upgrades. 50% off is the starting price!

Stephen
I don't know if there will even be a Black Friday cut price. Considering the current upgrade is $199 US for the low-level Komplete. Not that I wouldn't mind seeing one but I'm not holding my breath. What is making me do that is seeing as how people get on with the released versions of the plugins, particularly Kontakt.

And do I just get the Kontakt 6 upgrade at $99US or go for the whole deal at $199US? Especially given we don't know a hell of a lot about Massive X.

Speaking of Kontakt several people over on the NI forums are having issues upgrading just Kontakt even though they have the Komplete bundle. What they're running into is they're able to buy the Kontakt upgrade but Native Access is telling them they don't have the requisite version of Kontakt that would allow the upgrade to happen.

QAPLA!
Old 10-02-2018, 04:56 AM

Update:
No local documentation as it's all online now. And NI hasn't enabled that on their end yet. What's one to do if their machine is not online?

Also several people have had authorization issues and the solution seems to be to update Native Access.

Not all instruments in a Kontakt 6 instance have the same width in the gui's right hand pane. Apparently that's by design now.

Database tab is gone due to NI's thinking that people will be using Komplete Kontrol.

QAPLA!
Old 10-02-2018, 06:04 AM

In the UK the upgrade is showing as £319 to KU12.

The Collector's Edition upgrade weighs in at £479

Black Friday upgrades were 50% off when they offered them which was at least twice as I got the KU9 and KU11 on those occasions. I'll be waiting for another of those and maybe KU13 or 14

Stephen

https://www.waves.com/r/djgsi6
Old 10-02-2018, 10:07 AM

They don't usually do black friday 50% off on the first year, but they may have a summer 50% sale next year.

I'm not in a hurry to upgrade since I have K11U. The only upgrade that makes sense for me is K12UCE (ugh I hate the addition of ANOTHER edition) but I'm waiting to see if Heavyocity will have their Black Friday 50% off sale again this year. Novo is about the only thing I want to add. I guess I'll eventually HAVE to upgrade to Kontakt 6, but 5 works for everything for now.

If I were on K9 or 10 then I would for sure upgrade.

Windows 11 Pro | macOS 12
Pro Tools 2022
benonistudio.com
Youtube Channel - benonistudio
Plugin Deals
@benonistudio
Old 10-02-2018, 06:54 PM

2 much 2 little
Old 10-02-2018, 08:12 PM

Not this kid. They finally put enough new stuff on the ultimate package to make it seem worth it and they ruin it with that ridiculous new plateau. If that new plateau goes way down, maybe. But not until then.
Old 10-03-2018, 02:46 AM

Native Instruments seem to have really rammed the prices up from what I remember. I paid 40% less to upgrade from Komplete 8 (standard) to Ultimate 11 then what they are asking for the KU11 to KU12 upgrade.

Maybe in another 4 versions the upgrade prices will make a little more sense...
Pro Tools Ultimate 2024.3. OSX 13.6.5. Win 10. HD Native. Lynx AES16e. Lynx Aurora 16. i9-13900KF. ASRock Z690 Steel Legend. 64GB Ram. AMD Vega 64. BM Decklink. Dolby Atmos Renderer 5.2. Trinnov D-Mon. D-Command.
Old 10-03-2018, 04:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LDS View Post
Native Instruments seem to have really rammed the prices up from what I remember. I paid 40% less to upgrade from Komplete 8 (standard) to Ultimate 11 then what they are asking for the KU11 to KU12 upgrade.

Maybe in another 4 versions the upgrade prices will make a little more sense...
Agreed. I haven't done the comparison with other than the base version but $199 for two 'new' synths - Kontakt 6 and the promised Massive X - nuts. And for any of the higher versions if you already own the libraries included there's no discount but you can sell the individuals you already have that are duplicated in K12.

Then once you get past the prices there's the issues with errors/bugs in the installers like the missing documentation pdf's. And broken links to the online help files if one clicks on 'help' in say Kontakt.

QAPLA!