Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)

Old 08-05-2010, 05:00 AM

Default Re: make a bounce on half speed..

just bounce it at normal speed and use tce to stretch it. not difficult...
Old 08-05-2010, 07:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
my question was : can you record it ? and how..
If you want to capture the sound of it playing back at half speed in PT, you'll need a separate recorder running at normal speed.

PT 2023.12 Ultimate | Clarett+ 8Pre | macOS 13.6.3 on a MacBook Pro M1 Max
PT 2023.12 | Saffire Pro 40 | Win10 latest, HP Z440 64GB
Old 08-05-2010, 11:52 AM

ok this is the answer i would like to confirm
thanx you for your help my friend
Old 08-27-2018, 03:55 AM

Hey, I was looking around on forums for a way to do this and found something on another forum that helped me figure out how to make a halfspeed bounce. It's a little convoluted, but it's truly in halfspeed, as opposed to a timestretch of a bounce, and you do not need another recorder to do it. Not sure if it's anything you're still interested in it, but thought I'd post it here anyway in case anyone else stumbles across this thread like I did...

1) solo any tracks that you want to bounce at half speed (or if you want your whole mix, just leave everything as is).

2) do a bounce at DOUBLE the sample rate of your session. For example, if your session is 48k, bounce at 96k. Obviously, if you are recording at max sample rate, this isn't an option. (there is a workaround tho, see below)*

3) go to preferences and click the "Processing" tab and under "Import" make sure the box "Don't Convert Sample Rate on Import" box IS CHECKED. Not sure if it matters, but I also have "Automatically copy files on import" checked.

4) Drag the bounce you just made back into this same session on a new track. Since your session is playing at half the sample rate and it didn't convert this higher sample rate bounce to the session sample rate, it plays back your bounce half as fast. Meaning you now have a halfspeed track in your session of your mix. At this point, you can solo this track and do a bounce as you normally would and you'll have a halfspeed bounce.

It can also be interesting to find ways to incorporate this halfspeed bounce into your session. I especially like this with drums. You can get some really interesting effects by layering a halfspeed bounce of the drum buss against the drums or chopping the bounce up and using the pitched down drums as samples.

*(in the case that you are recording at the max sample rate in the first place, you can still do basically the same thing... Make a bounce from your session and stay at the full sample rate in the bounce and then creating a new session at half the sample rate of that and then just follow from steps 3 on in this new session for a halfspeed bounce. For example, if your original session is 192k, bounce at 192k, make the new session 96k and drag the 192k bounce into that as outlined above. If you then want that halfspeed bounce back in your original session, just uncheck the "Don't Convert Sample Rate on Import" box and drag the bounce you made from the 2nd session into the original session and it will convert it accordingly. Complicated, but it works.)
Old 08-27-2018, 11:22 AM

Nice work! Actual engineering.

PT 2023.12 Ultimate | Clarett+ 8Pre | macOS 13.6.3 on a MacBook Pro M1 Max
PT 2023.12 | Saffire Pro 40 | Win10 latest, HP Z440 64GB
Old 08-27-2018, 05:29 PM

Thanks daeron80 !