Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 12
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-22-2017, 09:27 AM

Default Added UAD Twin but cant get signal into ProTools. [solved]

Hi Apollo users, I have something that has be a but stuck. I have been using an Apollo 8 quad with a 4core satellite for a while. I had the opportunity to get a super deal on a new Twin 4core to expand my system and take it with me when I travel to tweak mixes on my laptop. So I plugged it in and it detected and updated nicely and now I see it in the console. I then went into Pro tools (12.8) and redid my IO so that everything is listed as expected. That was where i hit the wall.

So first, from the UAD side, I was able to register it, see it with all my devices and using the front instrument jack I can see a strong signal and hear my bass with the unison plugin and it sounds great. So its working fine there. Then I went to PT and got read to record a bass track and I could not get a signal no matter what I tried. I was a bit confused so if I set one of the inputs to monitors I hear the bass plus everything but if I select the actual bass input I get nothing no matter what I try. If I go through my apollo 8 input it works as before but I want to keep those permanently setup for something else.

What I have tried from googling this:

1. Verified everything is set t internal clock.
2. Remove all IO and redo all. Looks correct and I see the Twin Inputs displayed.
3. Uninstall and reinstall the UAD software. I was already at the latest.
4. Tried clicking the monitor on and off and one post suggested there was some bug.

System info:
Mac Pro 6 Core 64gb Ram.
Mac OS Sierra
PT 12.8 Latest
Apollo 8 Quad TB
UAD Satellite 4Core TB
UAD Twin MK2 4 Core TB (New Device)

Im stumped. Any help is much appreciated. Peter
Old 07-22-2017, 11:06 AM

Default Re: Added UAD Twin but cant get signal into ProTools.

Never mind folks. Rookie mistake. I forgot about the 32 track limit. I hit some unused tracks and reordered everything and now all working great. Peter

FYI this helped: https://youtu.be/--5NYjmID2c
Old 07-22-2017, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramonetl View Post
Never mind folks. Rookie mistake. I forgot about the 32 track limit. I hit some unused tracks and reordered everything and now all working great. Peter

FYI this helped: https://youtu.be/--5NYjmID2c
please post back about the Twin .. i have been researching but not had the chance to Test myself .. i have a friend with Apollo MK1 but he had the Black Lion mods so i cannot do a direct Apples to Apples Preamp Comparison betweeen the MK2 Apollo 16 and the Twin MK2 ...

and i would probably go your route and have the Twin for Travel / 2 input Remote recording, vocals, etc .. and the Apollo 16 and the Twin together in the main studio ..

also, if this is off topic please PM me with your opinions on the Unison Pres, if you use them ..

thank you john

Macbook Pro july 2014 2.5ghz 16gb ram 512gb SSD - OS11.6.5 - PT 2021.3
Logic Pro X 10.7.4
RME BabyFace Pro
Old 07-22-2017, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by john1192 View Post
please post back about the Twin .. i have been researching but not had the chance to Test myself .. i have a friend with Apollo MK1 but he had the Black Lion mods so i cannot do a direct Apples to Apples Preamp Comparison betweeen the MK2 Apollo 16 and the Twin MK2 ...

and i would probably go your route and have the Twin for Travel / 2 input Remote recording, vocals, etc .. and the Apollo 16 and the Twin together in the main studio ..

also, if this is off topic please PM me with your opinions on the Unison Pres, if you use them ..

thank you john

I used it today and love it. It going to be mainly my primary di for stuff but its really awesome sounding. Honestly this is all most home folks will need since how many track a full kit etc? I have a case from ugb for it coming. Best part is i got it from proaudiostar on ebay as used bc it was a customer return but what arrived was a sealed new box never registered. Saved about 300 off new. I really recommend the tb one. Cant speak for the usb version tho. Peter

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk