How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 10
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-18-2012, 11:07 AM

Red face another stupid question

Edit Groups: Shortcuts.

In the drum edit, I want to suspend the kick track from the group to make an edit to the rest of the drums with affecting the kick. is there a quick way/short cut to do this?

does making the track inactive suspend from edits made to a group?

thanks for your help guys

Love from the hopeless engineer....
Old 10-18-2012, 12:02 PM

Default Re: another stupid question

ok onto the next:

Quantising drums. I am doing this by clip separation in beat detective. then quantising the files. listening back through and pulling out the rolls and fills. This works very well. Its very good at picking up the main transient points, however I am finding on kick and snr hits, its chopping off the head of the hit by about half a 16th. so I am having go through and pull the head of the files back out so i don't loose the very beginning of cymbal hits etc. Is there a quicker way to do this?
Old 10-18-2012, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinylrider View Post
Edit Groups: Shortcuts.

In the drum edit, I want to suspend the kick track from the group to make an edit to the rest of the drums with affecting the kick. is there a quick way/short cut to do this?

does making the track inactive suspend from edits made to a group?

thanks for your help guys

Love from the hopeless engineer....
Shift+Command+G (Mac) will suspend all groups. This is a toggle-type shortcut. If that doesn't work, you can temporarily remove the kick from the group.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinylrider View Post
ok onto the next:

Quantising drums. I am doing this by clip separation in beat detective. then quantising the files. listening back through and pulling out the rolls and fills. This works very well. Its very good at picking up the main transient points, however I am finding on kick and snr hits, its chopping off the head of the hit by about half a 16th. so I am having go through and pull the head of the files back out so i don't loose the very beginning of cymbal hits etc. Is there a quicker way to do this?
Before doing a Clip separation in Beat Detective, you can type in a Trigger pad value (ms) to push the clip separation back.
Old 10-18-2012, 12:59 PM

just worked out the trigger pad, thats brill!! thanks for your help