Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Artist Series
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-28-2018, 09:33 AM

Default Help assigning shuttle ring on Artist Transport?

Hello. I am using the Artist Transport with Adobe Audition CC. Since I haven't been able to verify this anywhere else online, in case anyone is curious, the Artist Transport is fully compatible with Audition (though not officially supported from what I can tell).

The default transport controls (Home, FF, RW, Stop, Play, etc.) and the Jog Wheel all work perfectly out of the box. The only thing that doesn't have a default function assigned is the Shuttle Ring.

Essentially, I would like to assign the shuttle ring as "left" and "right" arrows.

The way Audition works in editing mode is that you use the the Jog Wheel to set your Playhead at a location in the audio wave and then hold down SHIFT and/or CTRL and then use the "right" and "left" arrows to make a selection to delete/effect, etc. So what I'd like to do is program the Shuttle Ring so that when I twist it left it triggers "CTRL and LEFT ARROW" and when I twist it right it triggers "CTRL and RIGHT ARROW".

I've never programmed a EuControl device before, but from researching so far it looks like there are "Shuttle Zones" on the Shuttle Ring. There isn't much online here or anywhere that I could find about how these zones work or how to assign them. They do look pretty useful though if I can figure them out.

It looks like I could assign them to adjust the "select speed" on the fly. i.e. I could select slowly by twisting just a little left or right for small audio selections and select quickly by twisting further left or right for large audio selections for example.

I've studied the User Manual but I'm on PC and the programming instructions are for Mac so the layout is similar but just different enough to be confusing. When I go into the EuControl Command Editor, I follow the instructions and get to the "custom wheel commands" section. I select "add custom wheel command", name the command "select left" and then get a dropdown of options which is where I get lost.

The options are a long list of ascending and descending "Shuttle" and "Transition" zones (basically 0-7).

I'm assuming I could just assign "Shuttle Zone -1" to "CTRL and LEFT ARROW" and "Shuttle Zone 1" to "CTRL and RIGHT ARROW" and get some of the functionality I'm looking for but I'd like to use the Shuttle and Transition Zones if I can. Would I have to program each "Zone" one by one? And if I didn't want to do that, would just programming -1 and 1 as left and right work? Thank you for any help anyone can provide with this.
Old 05-23-2020, 11:36 PM

Default Re: Help assigning shuttle ring on Artist Transport?

Hi, I know this is an old post, but how did you end up with your problem? I'm using the spare time caused to the Corona situation to brush up my abilities with my gear and after some unsuccsessful attempts with the Shuttle ring I went back to it. Got it to RW-FF with Shuttle Zone 1 and -1 but don't get it to accelerate. It's okay the way it is, but if I could get it to accelerate, it would be awesome.
Many thanks ahead and best.