Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > ProControl, Control|24, Command|8
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-21-2014, 09:49 PM

Default Command 8 and groups

Just getting to know my new (to me) Command 8. I'm running it on a PT 10HD rig (Mac) and it seems to work fine. If I have a mix/edit group with 2 channels it's faders move together as expected if I move one fader of the group on the C8. However if I move both faders they will become independent of each other in Pro Tools. They stay grouped but will end up with different values. By way of comparison If I was using a keyboard I would have to hold down the control button to move a fader independently. Is this behavior normal?
Old 07-21-2014, 10:20 PM

Default Re: Command 8 and groups

Quote:
Originally Posted by freakhouse View Post
Just getting to know my new (to me) Command 8. I'm running it on a PT 10HD rig (Mac) and it seems to work fine. If I have a mix/edit group with 2 channels it's faders move together as expected if I move one fader of the group on the C8. However if I move both faders they will become independent of each other in Pro Tools. They stay grouped but will end up with different values. By way of comparison If I was using a keyboard I would have to hold down the control button to move a fader independently. Is this behavior normal?
Yes. All control surfaces with touch sensitive faders will behave this way.
Mac Mini i7 2018,
Reaper DAW,
Presonus Faderport,
Arturia Beastep for DAW control,
Former Pro Tools HD user (from V7 until V12.6).
Old 07-22-2014, 10:09 AM

Default Re: Command 8 and groups

Thanks!