Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-02-2006, 05:21 AM

Default Re: TC Electronic MD3 Multiband Dynamics

[QUOTE]
Quote:

Hi PAM,

Does that mean you have been a beta tester for the HD version? I tried to get some clarification from TC about the Brickwall Limiter algorithm. They state that it should be the same algorithm as used in the TC6000's Brickwall2 limiter. But then why isn't the HD or PoCo version labelled Brickwall2? It seems from discussions with Bob K that BW2 sounds markedly improved over the original BW. Some clarification would be great. Also TC said it would be released by Jan 2006 we are now Feb any ideas when it will be released?

Matt
I contacted TC Electronic about the Brickwall algorithm they used in the TDM version and the shipping date. This is his response:

"Hi Niels,

Thank you for your interest in TC Electronic products.

No shipping date for the MD3 for ProTools has been set yet, but we're in the late beta stage at the present time, so it shouldn't be so long now.
The Brickwall Limiter is based upon the Brickwall Limiter 1 from the System6000.

I hope this information has been helpful. If you should have any additional questions, please feel free to update this Incident and I will be happy to assist you further."

Studio Engineering | Live Engineering | Location Recording | Composing
Old 02-02-2006, 05:59 AM

Well that answers that then, looks like the watered down version of the TC6000 then. I don't know if this will be a worthwhile purchase then considering the cost of the plug-ins. It seems TC Electronic are like Digidesign, sell the budget products cheap & make the pro's buy the real hardware. I guess you get what you pay for. Time to start saving for the TC 6000 Mastering Version... sigh...

Matt

www.matthewgraymastering.com

Brisbane Australia
Old 02-04-2006, 05:25 AM

The plugs are the same as System 6000 in that respect that its the "old" mastering plugs from System 6000 so nothing wrong with that. I´ll still say they are the some of the best, - if not the best mastering plugs for PT, I dont use Brickwall much tho, - doing limiting through a P2. I agree with the comments on the Brickwall2, it really is great, but the B1 is not a bad limiter by any standards and have no problems competing with the waves or sony stuff..
But as said, I find most use for the MD3 which I like much better than anything from Waves ect. So even tho we just get the MD3 and not the MD4 you´ll have a hard time finding anything else soft or hard on that level/price.

(Yes, I´m a beta-tester, but besides that have no ties with TC..)

Euro-Sound Studio
www.euro-sound.org