Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > AAX Plug-ins
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-08-2018, 08:58 PM

Default Re: Is there a Time Stretch - Slicer - randomiser Plugin (AXX or other formats)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jscomposer View Post
I think the time it would take to edit less-than-accurate playing in a convincing, transparent way would be better spent on practicing till it's tight.

In an ideal world, nailing your performance would obviously be best, but I very much doubt the 30 mins it will take to tighten up the recording using EA will be enough time to get his guitar chops up to snuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-08-2018, 10:57 PM

Default Re: Is there a Time Stretch - Slicer - randomiser Plugin (AXX or other formats)

I'll play it for you for $30
Old 02-09-2018, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jscomposer View Post
I think the time it would take to edit less-than-accurate playing in a convincing, transparent way would be better spent on practicing till it's tight. And I believe there are ways to reduce buffer/latency for recording while avoiding overloads, like temporarily disabling plugins or unnecessary tracks.
It is true, I tried elastic audio and I came to the same conclusion, I end up losing some authenticity if i spend more time cutting and stretching numeric datas instead of playing the guitar.. so I will definitely practice more.. but still I am glad to have learned about new tools and I will probably use them for other things like drums or percussions.
Old 02-11-2018, 06:15 AM

Do all your slicing and dicing and quantizing in polyphonic mode in Elastic Audio, and when you're done, change it to X-Form and let it all render and it should remove the artifacts as long as you haven't gone into the red with your stretching.

(You can do all those things in X-Form but since it renders the file after every change it will slow you down a lot).

(And once you've done all that, check any cross-fades you have between clips to make sure X-Form didn't remove/change them. Sometimes that happens to me).