Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Digidesign Hardware & Software

Old 05-12-2017, 06:38 PM

Default How to get DATa, Audiomedia-III and OS9.22 to work

Since this doesn't exist on the web, I thought I would post this here in the hopes one day someone doesn't have to spend a month on and off trying to get this ill-death-combo to work... as it shouldn't.... at all...

So we already know how to get SD-II to work in OS9.22 w/AM-III - just get DAE5.1 along with the 5.1 INIT and the last working SD and yea, it works... but what doesn't.. DATa!

Until now... and it's scary...

Get it all up and working with the above 5.1 DAE and Init. But make sure you also have 3.4.2cs1 in the wings: http://archive.digidesign.com/download/daedsi/

Now make sure both DATa 3.1 (latest) and hopefully you have version 2.3 or so from your older files as if you're here, you already have probably 2.3 like I did. 3.1 is here: http://archive.digidesign.com/download/legacy/data/

So... you notice DATa 3.1 allows you to choose your soundcard! Good. Choose it. Set the SPDIF interface (which we're using) and sample rate, etc...

Notice it doesn't read anything.

Now quit - Swap out DAE and DigiINIT 5.1 with 3.4.2 from the above.

Reboot

Run DATa 3.1

Notice you can not choose a sound card. Try to start restore. It will bark saying "NO SOUND CARD"

If you try to restore, nothing happens like with the 5.1 drivers

QUIT

Run OLD DATa 2.3

It errors out for me saying FILE LOCKED ERROR whenever I try to go to the card.

QUIT

Run DATa 3.1 again

Notice still... no sound card available... all grayed out.

Select a restore

NO ERROR ABOUT NO DSP!!!!

You are done - Restore away.

Me? I'm not turning my MAC off until I'm done haha.

See here for pics/hi-jinx: https://www.facebook.com/djbat/posts/1571182442899959