Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > RTAS & TDM Plug-ins
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-06-2013, 10:21 PM

Default Need a free (or budget effective) pitch correction plugin.

Hi all, I know there are posts about Pitch Correction, but here is my deal...I just dropped money on a Roland TD-15, PT11, Mbox Pro and Guitar Rig 5. I think I put enough onto my credit card (luckily I have a great job). I've spent ENOUGH money, so now I'm looking for a free or budget effective pitch correction plugin that will work with PT11. I've been exploring the nets for the past hour and a half and all I have found is VST plugins (I don't want to spend another 100 bucks for the adapter, once again...I've spent ENOUGH money). I need a very very cheap or free solution for the time being (a.k.a. till I get the card paid off). I've asked my audio engineer friend, but he doesn't know of anything except Antares and Melodyne. Sorry if I'm sounding like a broken record on this forum, but my research isn't turning up any cheap/free results (that will work with PT11/RTAS). Thanks ahead of time for any help.

-Tom Foolious
Old 08-07-2013, 07:17 AM

Default Re: Need a free (or budget effective) pitch correction plugin.

How about the included Elastic Pitch function?
Old 08-07-2013, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFreak View Post
How about the included Elastic Pitch function?
I'll check it out when I can. I've upgraded from PT7.3, so there is a lot of new stuff I have no idea about. Plus I'm still a beginner with this software.

Now when I try to start up PT11 it's saying the ASIO Audio Device couldn't be initialized, then it asks me to choose another device...6 minutes ago (before I closed PT11 and turned off my Mbox Pro 3rd gen) it was working fine...now this...I was getting no output into my headphones in channel A (was selected in the Mbox Control Panel), so I quit PT11, turned off my Mbox Pro, waited a few seconds, turned Mbox Pro back on and started up PT11, now I'm getting that error. Spend all this money, jeesh.
Old 08-07-2013, 12:09 PM

You don't have much to pick from with PT11 as nobody has released an AAX 64 bit version just yet. Sign up on Waves mailing list as they often have really good deals(and Waves TuneLT might be just what you need). Next(and my personal fave) is Melodyne(they have an "essentials" version) but we are all waiting for the AAX release. Of course, you can co-install 10.3.6 and work with the RTAS versions of these plugins now(and you iLok will open both versions).

Hold the N key while opening Pro Tools. That will take you to the Audio Engine window where you need to select the Mbox as the audio engine(and of course, the Mbox needs to be ON and connected)

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 08-07-2013, 09:18 PM

I'll take Waves into consideration. Melodyne is out of my price range. Like I said I'm still new to PT11, hell I only could produce very BASIC recordings in PT7.3. I wasn't too serious about recording as I had a duo gig, but now I'm on a 2nd shift job I decided to go all out and get a studio going and learn this stuff. I knew that PT uses RTAS, but now I'm going to have to read up on this AAX stuff and see what it's all about.

I held down N during startup, got to the audio engine box. Mbox Pro is selected. Are there any other peripheral or I/O buttons to hold down? I know I was changing stuff in there earlier when I was trying to get my headphones to output sound through PT11/Mbox Pro.
Old 08-09-2013, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomFoolious View Post
I'll take Waves into consideration. Melodyne is out of my price range. Like I said I'm still new to PT11, hell I only could produce very BASIC recordings in PT7.3. I wasn't too serious about recording as I had a duo gig, but now I'm on a 2nd shift job I decided to go all out and get a studio going and learn this stuff. I knew that PT uses RTAS, but now I'm going to have to read up on this AAX stuff and see what it's all about.

I held down N during startup, got to the audio engine box. Mbox Pro is selected. Are there any other peripheral or I/O buttons to hold down? I know I was changing stuff in there earlier when I was trying to get my headphones to output sound through PT11/Mbox Pro.
With the Mbox selected, you might go to Setup>IO and just default the ins and outs

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave