How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > AAX Plug-ins

Old 06-15-2019, 08:19 PM

Default Re: Plugin Alliance insanity

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman691 View Post
Triad is a ripoff. Should really have been an update for Byome. If you get Triad there's no reason to also have Byome. And if you have Byome and Blue Cat MB7-2 you can do most of what's possible in Triad. I think UA has given up on Byome even though it's not that old - maybe a year old. There were supposed to be bug fixes and gui improvements with Byome and those haven't happened.

Triad still suffers from the same issue Byome has - you have along chain of modules and it easily scrolls off screen even with the fx modules minimized.

One of the things that should happen with Triad is if you buy it you also get a license for the full Byome like happens with Dent2 - you also get a full license for Indent 2. But then again with Triad you really don't need Byome.
Actually you've got a point in part. It could have been an update for Byome. Perhaps though, it induces more latency and overhead because of the multiband network. That's going to make preforming with it even harder.

Or perhaps they wanted to maintain backwards compatibility. If that bit's true though, Byome should be coming free with it.

I wound say they have stoped working on Byome. Man whatever improvements was used on Triad can now be applied to Byome. I wouldn't be surprised if we saw an update for it some time over the next month.
Old 06-16-2019, 04:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon.a.billington View Post
Actually you've got a point in part. It could have been an update for Byome. Perhaps though, it induces more latency and overhead because of the multiband network. That's going to make preforming with it even harder.

Or perhaps they wanted to maintain backwards compatibility. If that bit's true though, Byome should be coming free with it.

I wound say they have stoped working on Byome. Man whatever improvements was used on Triad can now be applied to Byome. I wouldn't be surprised if we saw an update for it some time over the next month.
The problem with getting any updates from any plugin that Plugin Alliance sells is getting it through PA's QC. I've read far too many things on the net about developers creating and testing updates but PA for whatever reason won't put the updates through their system.

From this thread over at Gearslutz https://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewt...bb6&start=1020 in a post most of the way down the page from 'thelizard' who is one of the people at Unfiltered Audio are the links to the public betas of Byome:
Windows
https://www.dropbox.com/s/budw0cauti....6.10.zip?dl=0
Mac
https://www.dropbox.com/s/yf1oz1r4rx....6.10.zip?dl=0

And in the spirit here's the links to the public betas of Triad from this thread at GS https://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewt...1404&start=270
Windows
https://www.dropbox.com/s/qlljlceotu....6.11.zip?dl=0
Mac
https://www.dropbox.com/s/64q7b97iiy....6.11.zip?dl=0

Now for the huge bummer for us PT users - there's no aax builds of either Byome or Triad

edit for additional:
Now for some more bad news - while going through the factory artist presets in Triad starting from the first programmer in the list after changing presets a couple of times PT locks up. Solid enough to do a force quit. PT isn't the only daw suffering from this as users of other daws are having the same problem. Supposedly UA knows about this. I'm going to wait on purchasing this until July when I get my voucher; if I'm right it'll be $50 and I'm eligible for Triad at $49 so it would be a freebie (unless PA discounts something I don't have and need).

QAPLA!
Old 06-19-2019, 05:24 AM

Quote:
The problem with getting any updates from any plugin that Plugin Alliance sells is getting it through PA's QC. I've read far too many things on the net about developers creating and testing updates but PA for whatever reason won't put the updates through their system.

From this thread over at Gearslutz https://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewt...bb6&start=1020 in a post most of the way down the page from 'thelizard' who is one of the people at Unfiltered Audio are the links to the public betas of Byome:
Windows
https://www.dropbox.com/s/budw0cauti....6.10.zip?dl=0
Mac
https://www.dropbox.com/s/yf1oz1r4rx....6.10.zip?dl=0

And in the spirit here's the links to the public betas of Triad from this thread at GS https://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewt...1404&start=270
Windows
https://www.dropbox.com/s/qlljlceotu....6.11.zip?dl=0
Mac
https://www.dropbox.com/s/64q7b97iiy....6.11.zip?dl=0

Now for the huge bummer for us PT users - there's no aax builds of either Byome or Triad

edit for additional:
Now for some more bad news - while going through the factory artist presets in Triad starting from the first programmer in the list after changing presets a couple of times PT locks up. Solid enough to do a force quit. PT isn't the only daw suffering from this as users of other daws are having the same problem. Supposedly UA knows about this. I'm going to wait on purchasing this until July when I get my voucher; if I'm right it'll be $50 and I'm eligible for Triad at $49 so it would be a freebie (unless PA discounts something I don't have and need).
Damn!! Well at least that last part you can report. It probably just slipped past their QA Testers, it can happen. So you should probably make them aware of it. Or bring it up with thelizard.

I have seen him around by the way. KVR I think. If I recall correctly I remember he mentioned they were working on a synth. I haven’t seen anything on it yet through. Perhaps they were focusing on getting Triad out the door??
Old 06-19-2019, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon.a.billington View Post
Damn!! Well at least that last part you can report. It probably just slipped past their QA Testers, it can happen. So you should probably make them aware of it. Or bring it up with thelizard.

I have seen him around by the way. KVR I think. If I recall correctly I remember he mentioned they were working on a synth. I haven’t seen anything on it yet through. Perhaps they were focusing on getting Triad out the door??
UA knows about the problem from multiple people. As far as the synth it's called Lion and it's still in development. There's not word one about it on their website. Here's a KVR thread on it; the thread rambles for a bit before thelizard posts in it. https://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewt...p?f=1&t=525585
I'm not a member at KVR; was at one time but got booted for a reason I'd rather not go into in open discussion. PM me if you want details.

QAPLA!
Old 06-27-2019, 09:22 AM

The deals they have had lately are also insane. I wish I would have known they were going to put Masterdesk on sale today, otherwise I would have waited to used my $20 voucher. Still happy with the Engl E765 RT for only $9. Great amp.

Windows 11 Pro | macOS 12
Pro Tools 2022
benonistudio.com
Youtube Channel - benonistudio
Plugin Deals
@benonistudio
Old 06-27-2019, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benoni View Post
The deals they have had lately are also insane. I wish I would have known they were going to put Masterdesk on sale today, otherwise I would have waited to used my $20 voucher. Still happy with the Engl E765 RT for only $9. Great amp.
How do you like it versus the VS646 which I know you have? Different sound I know but still........

QAPLA!
Old 06-27-2019, 03:48 PM

Quote:
How do you like it versus the VS646 which I know you have? Different sound I know but still........
I think the E646 is more full featured, but you can get a really nice THICK sound out of the E765. It is a different sound, maybe warmer in a way.

It doesn't do totally clean, but slightly broken up to raging metal is there. It has a very natural sound.

Side note, I tried to use the voucher again to get Masterdesk, and initially it went fine, the discount showed for my total, but after I hit 'purchase' it gave me the error that I can't use the voucher again and they pre-charged my card $49 and I have no license They said the hold would drop-off soon. I might actually buy it for $49, but not until I get my other $49 back.

Pro Tools 2022
benonistudio.com
Plugin Deals
@benonistudio
Old 06-27-2019, 05:58 PM

Quote:
I think the E646 is more full featured, but you can get a really nice THICK sound out of the E765. It is a different sound, maybe warmer in a way.

It doesn't do totally clean, but slightly broken up to raging metal is there. It has a very natural sound.

Side note, I tried to use the voucher again to get Masterdesk, and initially it went fine, the discount showed for my total, but after I hit 'purchase' it gave me the error that I can't use the voucher again and they pre-charged my card $49 and I have no license They said the hold would drop-off soon. I might actually buy it for $49, but not until I get my other $49 back.
You can only use any voucher one time and that's it. Now you can have multiple items in your cart and use the voucher but not buy one item now, logout. login again and use that same voucher again. What's sad is if say you have a $50 or $75 voucher and you use it to buy something at $50 in that one sequence. You've lost that other $25.

QAPLA!
Old 06-28-2019, 11:28 AM

Quote:
You can only use any voucher one time and that's it. Now you can have multiple items in your cart and use the voucher but not buy one item now, logout. login again and use that same voucher again. What's sad is if say you have a $50 or $75 voucher and you use it to buy something at $50 in that one sequence. You've lost that other $25.
Yeah I know they said "once per person" but I figured I'd give the old college try It did not work out haha. Still waiting for them to release the $50 hold they have on my card.

I'm about to create a new account and use the code again

Pro Tools 2022
benonistudio.com
Plugin Deals
@benonistudio
Old 06-29-2019, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Yeah I know they said "once per person" but I figured I'd give the old college try It did not work out haha. Still waiting for them to release the $50 hold they have on my card.

I'm about to create a new account and use the code again

Hey Brian I have a question for you, do you still feel the same way about the Engl amp that PA is selling?
D-Command Main Unit - 'Ole Blue

http://www.sknoteaudio.com/ plugins rock and are affordable.