Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Post Production > Post - Surround - Video
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-20-2019, 05:06 PM

Default automatic loudness correction that can handle split stems too?

I'm looking for a plugin-based workflow for doing broadcast loudness correction to both my full mix stem and split stems.

I understand that the correct answer for broadcast loudness compliance is to get the mix right in the first place. But the fact is that sometimes schedules don't allow for leisurely mix tweaking to get 100% perfect LKFS compliance.

So I'd like to use a plugin like iZotope RX Loudness Control or Nugen LM-Correct to do that final adjustment for me. But here's my main concern:

I have to deliver a full mix stem and a huge array of split stems for any given program (dialog-only, VO-only, MX-only, SFX-only, etc). My splits stems, when played together, must equal my full mix stem. If I only do LKFS-targeting level adjustments to the full mix stem with one of these plugins, the splits will no longer match it.

So, does anyone know of a loudness correction plugin that allows for the same exact loudness adjustments to be made to the splits as the full mix stem? Can either RX Loudness Control or LM-Correct do this somehow? Or is there another alternative that can?