Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > AAX Plug-ins
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-16-2020, 03:34 AM

Default Re: Plugin Updates - Please Post Here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman691 View Post
If you look at the thread I linked to you'll find that someone who got in touch with Waves tech support said it was due to 5,1's not having Metal support in their video cards. I'm calling bullcrap on that - how many have upgraded their 5,1's to a Metal video card?
Well technically would be true with stock cards. Even though you have upgraded your card I believe there is anew spec for Metal 2, you might want to look into that.

Although, as we go into the future those computers are just going to get less capable and less compatible, especially one we've finally transitioned to ARM. Still, I imagine you have around 5 years to sort that one out. We all do!!

The Mac ecosystem will be better off in the long run as they will have less restraints and be able to develop their hardware, software and OS in tandem. It's a unique position for Apple software like Logic and Final Cut, they really stand to benefit from better performance and reliability in the long run.