Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 10
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-06-2012, 03:22 AM

Default session file back are scattered and not filed neatly how can I keep them tidy

Is there a way to have session file back ups show the name of the session.
I would think it would but mine don't . They just say session file back ups and thats all. Makes it hard to find them

I have been saving like this PT session 1.0 ( start) / 4.1 , 4.2 ect . When I progress to a new place in the song I rename it the same except 5.0 5.1 ect. But now my files are not all in the same place and are littering my mac in a chaotic manner. How can I keep them all together for easy recall .
I have numerous session names for the same session to make it easy to see the progress of the song , But it makes for a untidy cpu
Old 12-06-2012, 03:37 AM

Default Re: session file back are scattered and not filed neatly how can I keep them tidy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weird Audio View Post
Is there a way to have session file back ups show the name of the session.
I would think it would but mine don't . They just say session file back ups and thats all. Makes it hard to find them

I have been saving like this PT session 1.0 ( start) / 4.1 , 4.2 ect . When I progress to a new place in the song I rename it the same except 5.0 5.1 ect. But now my files are not all in the same place and are littering my mac in a chaotic manner. How can I keep them all together for easy recall .
I have numerous session names for the same session to make it easy to see the progress of the song , But it makes for a untidy cpu
The session backups here show the name of the files, so not sure what's wrong on your end. Which Pro Tools version are you using?

But when you say that your files are not all in the same place, makes me wonder, how you keep your sessions together. I would advise you never to save a session outside its dedicated session folder. If you keep your session files in the dedicated folder, then all session backups are all in the "Session File Backups"-folder. That way you keep them together for easy recall.

And I would be more specific on the naming. It's rather difficult to find song sessions, if they are called PT Session. If you want the Session folder to be called "PT Session", for example because it sits in a folder with the name of the song, then...
...name the session "PT Session" when you create the new session
...but resave the session straight away with the name of the song, e.g. "The Luckiest 1.0 (start)"

Hope this helps,
Timothy