Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > ProControl, Control|24, Command|8
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-18-2000, 08:54 AM

Default Re: As requested by Tech Support, Pro Control \'wish list\'

I just want my meters to work properly.

Still are sluggish and jumpy....

George
Classic Recording
www.classicrecording.com
Old 10-29-2000, 02:05 AM

I am just bumping this up....whats up GK..are u still with us?LOOK at these ideas ...they are wonderfull.
Thanx.

PS..I will occasionaly bump this thread to keep it alive...lock it and I will fly over and hand in my pc personally(a euphimism...and a joke!)
Keep rocking
Last
Old 10-29-2000, 03:45 PM

peace and joy to the world.
Jules

[This message has been edited by Jules (edited October 31, 2000).]
www.gearslutz.com
Old 10-30-2000, 08:07 AM

Hi kids,

I'm still here! I haven't had a great deal of time to participate on the DUC recently, but I do read it and take note of all the great ideas offered here. It is an extremely valuable source of ideas, after all, you are the ones who are using our products every day in the heat of battle! How could we not listen to you?!

Jules, I'm bummed about your cancerous bolsters. Please call the UK office and ask them to sort you out. If you have any problems, have them call me.

In the mean time, we are working overtime to get 5.1 out the door. Those of you who have seen it know it addresses many requests in this forum. Those who haven't seen it, watch out! It is by far the most amazing Pro Tools release we've ever done.

Be patient, be cool, we're doing our best to create a world everybody is pleased with!

-GK
Old 10-30-2000, 09:14 AM

One quick question GK, what did you mean by there will not be a new Pro Control for a while? Is it still worth investing in an Edit Pack, and extra faders if Digi is preparing a NEW Pro Control?

By the way, for what I do, I really enjoy my PC

------------------
Ray Fabi
Ton of Bricks Studios Montreal
514-990-2713
514-990-2713
www.fabi.com
Old 10-31-2000, 12:56 AM

Greetings All!

This is my first trip to the DUC in quite a while (I'm BUSY). I took some time out a couple of weeks ago to check out a demo of 5.1 and gk isn't blowing smoke about some of the requests in this thread being answered. The MON/Phase button in the Select/Assign section toggles between input and auto input (Hooray!). There is also a feature for some supported plug-ins to flip all the parameters over to the PC faders. I saw a demonstration of this with the Virus plug in and it was quite remarkable. Lastly, the guy doing the demo showed me a CAD drawing of the front panel of a new PC add-on control surface similar to the Gallery Mission control. The device features high resolution 40 segment LED surround metering, a QWERTY keyboard at the forward edge of the unit (unlike the Mission Control where the QWERTY is so far away you have to have ET arms to use it), a trackball, and a pair of touch sensitive motorized joysticks for surround panning. He was reluctant to discuss a delivery date but said the list for the thing should be in the neigborhood of $8k US (ouch!!!!). Oh well, I guess there is nothing that can't be fixed if you're willing to throw more money at it. At least the monitor switch, surround vs stereo monitoring issues, and the fader DSP edits will only cost us the price of the Protools upgrade.

------------------
Richards Outpost Audio
* Ain't Life Grand?*
Old 10-31-2000, 03:49 AM

ET here! What are you saying about my arms Borgie! Ok they are long and I DO have a long finger with a light on it!
Digi UK were very kind and are in the process of swapping out my arm rests - Horay! - Thanks digi!
Pro Control rocks! It's so easy to put an artist in front of it in auto touch mode while mixing and just tell em to grab a fader do thier ****, then let go of it when they are done!
I love my ProControl, so do my clients!

Jules
www.gearslutz.com